GTIROC Trackday 2009

P

pulsarboby

where is this travel lodge, and where are you planning on taking us? as il book somewhere close to where we meet up or a taxi ride away
i may stop in a b+b but need to know where the majority are so we can all meet up for a few bevies and grub

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Hotel wise: click here @ £32.00 for the night (saver rate @ £29.00).

Map from hotel to track - click here. 20mins (if that) and you'll be there!

As for going out thinking about a Curry, Pizza or Chinese, not too fussed, whatever people want?
Just hoping Andy (Mr GTiR) can recommend some decent eating establishments! :thumb:

Last edited:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I'll have to pass on the pre-track drinks for a few reasons but I'll be there bright and shiney the following morning.

P

pulsarboby

same here.
wuss:wuss: cant hack a few beers eh stuey :lol::lol: or are you scared that the southern soft shandy drinking poofs gonna drink you under the table then out eat you in the pie stakes too:lol::lol:

think il book the travelodge andy it looks alright there:thumbsup:

ChrisS

Early morning drive down for me aswell. At least its school hols so roads shouldnt be quite as busy.

Might be a stupid question but is there any petrol facilities at the track or is it a case of finding the nearest shell?

DanDud

err drivers seat,
towing eye cover,
clutch pipe,
radiator,
rear strut brace,
and if i find anything else i'm gonna kick the little scrote in teh nutz :twisted:
:lol:

Towing eye cover you found and took it back :)

The rest fair enough :lol:

DanDud

Early morning drive down for me aswell. At least its school hols so roads shouldnt be quite as busy.

Might be a stupid question but is there any petrol facilities at the track or is it a case of finding the nearest shell?
There are petrol pumps there but they shaft you. Just nip out, theres a shell and a bp about 5mins away. They will tell you where they are during the briefing in the morning.

P

pulsarboby

lol is anyone actually stopping overnight other than me and clare?

P

pulsarboby

yeah not looking to promising is it lol

if its just me and clare coming down then i dont expect you to put yourself out, its not fair especially as you only live up the road, well just book into a hotel somewhere.
but was a very nice gesture anyway andy:-D8)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
To be honest I'll prob's stay anyway as I need to be there early doors to set up camp and I can't be bothered with a super early wake up call and a drive down the M6 :sad:

To be honest I might even look at a nice B&B nearby.

I'll drop you a bell sometime tomorrow and have a chat about it :thumb:

P

pulsarboby

Now this event is looking dangerously close to having a good turn out I was thinking about us planning what to bring to make the day good for everyone.

I think we should enough tools and jacks between us in case of problems and Stu will be available to measure the temperature of things. (recent NW meet joke)

Andy is hoping to get the Marquee for the day so and between us we hope to get enough camping or garden chairs together to give us a place to chill out.

For lunch I had suggested a BBQ but as Andy said this won't work as someone has to cook when everyone wants to to be on the racetrack. It would be no bother for me to get some drinks and snacks for the day to stay in the marquee. I was thinking coke, biscuits crisps etc. I guess if we want music we can open a boot on the car or something.

All just ideas so post up if there is anything you think we need to make the day more enjoyable.:thumbsup:

how about a fook off big umbrella to keep the rain off us in this god forsaken place, its got to be probably the wettest part of the uk with a permenant rain cloud hovering waiting to spill its gutts:lol::lol::lol:

ps il bring a few spares down with me (stuff thats likely to break) so im sure me and martyn between us will have that covered.
ive got a low lift jack il be taking and obviously tools, but also a good idea to bring your own tools even if its just a basic tool kit! theres bound to be a few cars thats gonna have probs, and theres nothing more annmoying than waiting for a socket or spanner etc, if you want to get back on track quickish.

Last edited by a moderator:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
how about a fook off big umbrella to keep the rain off us in this god forsaken place, its got to be probably the wettest part of the uk with a permenant rain cloud hovering waiting to spill its gutts:lol::lol::lol

Fear not my little southern softy, I've got the brand new GTIROC marquee for us all to huddle under.

Pulling out all the stops for the trackday :thumb:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Andy and I are hoping to get there really early to grab a pair fo garages in case we need to work on cars.