gtiroc road trip to ireland

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
Are there any other tracks over there?

I have to concur about the prices, they are eyebrow rising and there seems to be no trackdays near to the show. :sad:

If I have the cash later this year I might concede coming over for a trackday or the show, as long as crossing fees are not going to be extortionate.
no andy no more tracks in the republic :oops: thats why they charge what they want and get away with it

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
no andy no more tracks in the republic :oops: thats why they charge what they want and get away with it
Hmm, bit of a downer there! :sad:

I would say come over to Oulton Park sometime, prices are much less and I know that the N/W lot would make a day out of it. :-D

I'm sure big bad bob, might even make an appearance.

Book a cheap Travelodge for a couple of days, a day at OP and then finish with a few beers in town. :thumb:

It really comes down to cost and whether people can afford it in this "economical down turn"

Mr GTiR

I would say come over to Oulton Park sometime, prices are much less and I know that the N/W lot would make a day out of it. :-D
Hell yes! If this happens then we'll have it as a N/W meet and make a weekend of it. Pat, we could even get Clive, Andy and the lads out for it.

P

pulsarboby

il come to oulton no probs, never done that circuit in car before!

does make sense pat as its gonna be a lot cheaper seems to me (as you say) that mondello holds monopoly in ireland so can charge what they like, would be a bl00dy dear weekend for me and the other half as were coming over from the opposite side of uk so a lot of miles before we even get to wales or where ever it is you get ferry from to ireland.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Hell yes! If this happens then we'll have it as a N/W meet and make a weekend of it. Pat, we could even get Clive, Andy and the lads out for it.
I don't want to thrash my car, but I'd seriously be tempted... even if I just sit in pit lane and man the BBQ :thumbsup:
...That couldn't cost too much, and I'm not going to break anything there.

the other half as were coming over from the opposite side of uk so a lot of miles before we even get to wales or where ever it is you get ferry from to ireland.
I'm laughing - I live right near the A55 and it goes all the way from Chester to Holyhead!
You're right though; it's a real b1tch to get there from anywhere else - it's normally about an hour from the M6 to Chester... However, as Oulton is just near Tarporley it'd be off the ferry at Holyhead, down the A55, then on to the A49(?) for the Irish crew; quite easy realy!

Last edited:

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
yah it does make sence :-D right ill c if i can get some off the irish lads to come over :thumbsup: so andy if u can get some dates set up that would be cool :thumbsup:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
From all the contact websites that I use this is a comprehensive list of all dates for Oulton Park Full International track this year.

I have also included dates for Anglesey as that’s not too far away and if we did go that way there are some awesome tunnels along the way :thumb:

** I noticed that Focused Events are holding a day at Oulton Park, I’m not sure if Bob could get use some sort of group deal if we all booked for that date? ;-)

Oulton Park Dates:

Wednesday, 20 May
Oulton Park Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£285.00

Tuesday, 02 June
Oulton Park Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£195.00

Tuesday, 16 June
Oulton Park Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£229.00

Wednesday, 12 August
Oulton Park Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£TBC – FOCUSED EVENTS!**

Friday, 21 August
Oulton Park Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£229.00

Tuesday, 01 September
Oulton Park Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£195.00

Wednesday, 16 September
Oulton Park Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£219.00

Tuesday, 27 October
Oulton Park Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£169.00

Friday, 04 December
Oulton Park Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£129.00

Friday, 18 December
Oulton Park Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£129.00

Anglesey Dates:

Sunday, 17 May
Anglesey Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£199.00

Friday, 12 June
Anglesey Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£195.00

Sunday, 19 Jul
Anglesey Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£195.00

Friday, 4 September
Anglesey Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£135.00

Sunday, 18 October
Anglesey Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£195.00

Saturday, 31 October
Anglesey Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£169.00

vss irvine

id be up for this

Friday, 4 September
Anglesey Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£135.00

or

Tuesday, 01 September
Oulton Park Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£195.00

P

pulsarboby

if we can get some numbers together to see how many want to definately go, then il have a word with kev at focused events and try get us a good deal on it.
if people prefer the anglesea circuit or other dates then fine by me, il go to any of those dates provided.

1st september oulton sounds fair price though!

hows about a double whammy, being oulton on 1st, then 2 day p1ss up & fix cars lol, then over to anglesea on the 4th:-D8) tracktime heaven:lol:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
if we can get some numbers together to see how many want to definately go, then il have a word with kev at focused events and try get us a good deal on it.
if people prefer the anglesea circuit or other dates then fine by me, il go to any of those dates provided.

1st september oulton sounds fair price though!

hows about a double whammy, being oulton on 1st, then 2 day p1ss up & fix cars lol, then over to anglesea on the 4th:-D8) tracktime heaven:lol:
It’s tempting for both events. Both tracks are excellent to drive and can offer great returns if driven well.

I'd be happy with September also.

Perhaps we should make this the GTIROC trackday 2009?
:thumb:

wiseman gtir

I'd be happy to go to oulton park to meet some of you if you and bob would take me around the track :oops: and then go for the p1ss up on the night

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

well come on you sad fookers:roll::lol:

overwhelmed with the responses:yawn:

perhaps its best to put this in a new thread

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Well I’ve spoken to both providers of the events for Oulton Park and Anglesey and their discounts and booking clarity is pretty poor. :roll:

The discount levels are around 5% which personally I find rubbish and the Anglesey trackday is only half a day’s activity.
For some weird reason they Anglesey day is a two part event. In the morning it’s the international track for £135.00 and in the afternoon they then close half the circuit and you can buy that session for £75.00. You could buy the whole event for £185.00 but I can’t see the logic in closing half the track in the afternoon (unless there is an event on part of the track)? :der:

However on the upside:

Tuesday, 27 October
Oulton Park Full circuit
Open Pitlane - 105 db
£169.00

I have spoken to a different event provider for this date at OP and they are willing to offer us a much better discount.
That would depend on numbers of members (around 10) committing to the event and coughing up the cash when it came to pay.

If this date sounds ok for people I will set the ball running and make further enquires