GTiR Sprint Series - getting ideas

dencon

A road legal car to run in roadgoing A4 must be taxed and mot, must have all seats fitted and all door cards. Floor mats can be removed. den.

Tk1

i'v seen cars with a full cage and the rear seat folded so there in there so they can get in road going class, you dont need carpets and can have bucket seats , bhp is limitless , or go in modified class then you can use 1b tyres like toyo r888's etc
and people worried about being daunted by proper sprint machinery , all the msa sprints i'v done its been really relaxed friendly and everyone is willing to lend a hand no matter what you drive, yes there is a bit of friendly banter when you get to know people but its all good. i was shitting it when i turned up for my first time a couple of years ago not knowing nothing but like i said everyone seems happy to help you out , there is not much seat time tbh but its nice watching proper machinery run between your runs , all in all a top day out and addictive as hell

STU666V

I would be up for a few?
There is about 6 good tracks in scotland, we would require some sprints in England and Scotland or maybe more just about half way?
The championship that i run in do best scores! So if theres 10 races they take your best 5 scores etc. so you dont need to race at all of the events!
Msa events would be the easiest way for me but you only get 4 runs a day, i would like a gtir sprint series ;-) MSA events would be to much money for most just to do a couple sprints a year?
Can we not just ask a few other forms if we can join them first? just to get us started?

Dangerous Dave

Hello if this helps my friends run the british drift championships plus other clubs (jap club etc) i could have a word with them and see if they can come up with any ideas or prices for us...

STU666V

Heres The Scottish MSA dates,

SSC Round 1 11 April, 2010 Kames Scottish Sporting C.C.
SHC Round 1 17 April, 2010 Doune Lothian C.C.
SHC Round 2 * 18 April, 2010 Doune Lothian C.C.
SHC Round 3 * 8 May, 2010 Fintray Grampian A.C.
SHC Round 4 9 May, 2010 Fintray Grampian A.C.
SSC Round 2 * 23 May, 2010 Kames Machars C.C.
SSC Round 3 5 June, 2010 Golspie Littleferry Caithness C.C.
SSC Round 4 * 6 June, 2010 Golspie Kylestrome Caithness C.C.
SSC Round 5 12 June, 2010 Kames East Ayrshire C.C.
SSC Round 6 13 June,2010 Kames East Ayrshire C.C.
SHC Round 5 19/20 June, 2010 Doune Lothian C.C.
SHC Round 6 * 26 June, 2010 Forrestburn Monklands Sporting C.C.
SHC Round 7 * 27 June, 2010 Forrestburn Monklands Sporting C.C.
SSC Round 7 * 3 July, 2010 Boyndie Aberdeen & District M.C.
SSC Round 8 4 July, 2010 Boyndie Aberdeen & District M.C.
SSC Round 9 * 18 July, 2010 Alford Grampian A.C.
SSC Round 10 * 31 July, 2010 Kames East Ayrshire C.C.
SSC Round 11 1 August, 2010 Kames East Ayrshire C.C.
SHC Round 8 14 August, 2010 Fintray Grampian A.C.
SHC Round 9 * 15 August, 2010 Fintray Grampian A.C.
SHC Round 10 28 August, 2010 Forrestburn Monklands Sporting C.C.
SHC Round 11 * 29 August, 2010 Forrestburn Monklands Sporting C.C.
SSC Round 12 * 11 September, 2010 Golspie Littleferry Caithness C.C.
SSC Round 13 12 September, 2010 Golspie Kylestrome Caithness C.C.
SHC Round 12 * 18/19 September, 2010 Doune Lothian C.C.
SSC Round 14 25 September, 2010 Boyndie Aberdeen & District M.C.
SSC Round 15 26 September, 2010 Boyndie Aberdeen & District M.C.
Lowland
The plan is to run it again in 2010, and the proposed calendar is:
Round 1 11 April, 2010 Kames Scottish Sporting C.C.
Round 2 18 April, 2010 Doune Lothian C.C.
Round 3 02 May 2010 Ingliston Dunfermline C.C.
Round 4 23 May, 2010 Kames Machars C.C.
Round 5 13 June, 2010 Kames East Ayrshire C.C.
Round 6 19/20 June, 2010 Doune Lothian C.C.
Round 7 27June, 2010 Forrestburn Monklands Sporting C.C.
Round 8 31 July, 2010 Kames East Ayrshire C.C.
Round 9 1 August, 2010 Kames East Ayrshire C.C.
Round 10 29 August, 2010 Forrestburn Monklands Sporting C.C.
Round 11 18/19 Sept, 2010 Doune Lothian C.C.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Quite simply I’m looking at keeping the series simple and as cost effective as possible. :thumb:

If it means joining another series then that might be a better idea. That could make it easier for us to organise and it’s also well established and categories are already set out for modifications.

If we did our own series then we’d split people up in to categories so that people with lesser spec cars can all compete and people with more power/modifications etc can have their own category. We don’t have to go bonkers with lots of categories, maybe 2 or three max.

I’m not looking to go by-the-book serious about this, unless its mandatory; it more about us all having a bit of fun at the end of the day and razzing our cars round a bit of tarmac.

Personally I think that the Curborough Sprint Course would be a good location for one of the events as it’s quite centralised in the UK and pretty much does what we need it to do. 8)

However, I’d like to find other places like that around the UK, maybe one in the south east, one in the south west, locations for the north west and north east and a location (or two) in Scotland to spread it all out for everyone.
That way most people can make an attempt to get to some of the events (if not all) and people can gain points for the series than just having a one off.

What I’d like to see from the sprint series are people with relatively standard-ish cars coming along and having fun (in the right class). So rather than members writing the event off because “its motorsport and my cars not track/sprint ready” you come along anyway and drive against other people with relativity standard-ish cars. Again categories would have to be set out to make it fair, but it would open up the event to all members rather than just track spec cars. :-D

Give me some ideas about locations around the UK and if we could get some decent locations then we can look at booking them.

In the mean time, post up for your genuinely interested in the series; add your estimated bhp and I’ll add your names to my list. ;-)

Last edited:

gtireric

hi. i did a thing called the scooby sprint this year when i owned a subaru. it was excellent and very enjoyable. you just run your car regardless of spec. there was 3 classes. STANDARD..MODIFIED AND PRO. it was all down to honesty as to which class you ran in. the events took place at elvington x4 and santa pod x1. it was a blast. honesty is the key word guys. lol

pulsarmoley

Would be good if something can be arranged for people down south-east as well. I have a car trailer so would be prepared for the worst :doh:

P

pulsarboby

i would be interested.....bhp god only knows (whatevers working at the time) lol

'southeast' a good place would be north weald which i could organise, theres 3 handling disciplines and its dirt cheap and they cater for club events!

whytie

Im well interested
Ive got a standard 220 bhp
and an other one at 280 bhp

Last edited:

vss irvine

deffo interested

1 x 300ish hp

1 x 400ish hp( soon)

obviously 2 drivers if 2 cars

both cars track prepared

Bispers

I have done a couple of sprints at North Weald (in a Rover 200) and have just posted a query about a GTI-R as a motorsport car. MSA events will be properly organised and you can use standard roadgoing cars upwards to far more modified machinery. The main requirements are a Nat B non-race licence, plus racesuit, helmet and gloves (to mandated standards). Fireproof boots are not essential but recommended.
Cars will be scruitineered, but this shouldn't be unduly daunting.
The class structures cater for different degrees of modification, so the simplest solution for a GTI-R sprint series might be an informal 'best in class' within the existing MSA events.
If anyone wants to see the rules for sprints then look at the MSA 'Blue Book' plus Supplementary Regulations for an individual event.
Blue book - http://www.msauk.org/site/cms/contentCategoryView.asp?category=609
Sample Regs - http://www.sevenoaksmotorclub.com/regs.html Then see North Weald