GTIR rear discs are they different size to GTI rear discs?

BMCC

Well spent 40 mins arguing the toss with some plonker on the end of the phone, after telling me they wont fit because the sunny and pulsar have different running gear! FFS! The issue was complicated by the fact the fella wouldn't accept that a Pulsar GTIR=Sunny GTIR. So I went back to basics on him and argued that I asked for Sunny GTIR discs and he sent me Sunny GTI disc. After much arguing about 'running gear', I directed him to the Brembo website and asked him to see if they listed a part for the Sunny GTIR- Answer no. Ok some money back please- eh no because your outside the 28 day return period! LOL Ever heard of the Sales of Good act? Anyway then it was we will accept but you have to pay for the return. Eh no you sent the wrong discs! LOL now needs to speak to the supervisor for about the 5th time. Eh Ok we will pick them up but they have to be in 100% condition if not then no money back! that would be original box tags etc. LOL everything is there but I have zero faith I will get my money back as they can just say "not in 100% condition" therefore thanks for the discs now piss off!

So lesson to be learned here: DON'T BUY FROM DEMON TWEEKS

Empty Pockets

Sounds familiar.... I think you've already called what's going to happen next, i'd just take the hit and sell them on, somethings better than nothing._

Edit, if you send them back take a few pics with a tv guide or paper in the shot so it's dated, and if they say they're damaged get them to send you pics before you show them yours.. lol

Last edited:

BMCC

They tried everything not to take them back, i've no faith that i won't be 60 quid down with nothing to show for it. I could take pics but they could always claim that i damaged them after i had taken the pics. It is my word against theirs and they hold the cash. I would need to look into if i paid by credit card as the argument would then be between them and visa.

GETTHERE

Damn, sorry about your experience. Could anyone verify if the GTI and GTIR rear calipers interchangeable? Since the rotors have different depths am guessing no?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

vss irvine

No they sit at different positions. The gti calipers sit at the front of the hub. Gtir at the rear.
Ive 2 reconditioned gtir calipers sitting if sell if required.

GETTHERE

Oh well with that said then i guess the GTIR calipers wont be applicable to my setup then. I have GTI.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk