Gtir + modding = telling porkys to the wife

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
My girlfriend doesn't care what i spend money on... Its great... If its my money then i can do what i want with it... :D :D :D

She just appreciates a nice little pressie every now and again... Platinum and Diamonds works a treat for keeping her happy with my GTiR spending habbit... :D

Rishi

leon2engines

Dooie Pop Pop said:
your not alone mate..

porkus largus on my part :oops:
ive never had large pork but i got the wanky silent treatment for buying wheels i didnt really need, i won her over with the "3 spoke wheels are weaker than 7 spokes which are safer, so i should buy some" line. she belived me!! not the sharpest tool my missus :D

jsbuds

omg platinum and diamonds every time u spend to keep her sweet!!!!!

U must be well paid then!!!

Wish i had the dollar to mod, but since ive be done for 5 grand i have to sell!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Gtir's are such tasty cars too ...... boo hoo

jsbuds

Just winding the missus up now saying i have a nice juicy turbo on order and am getting instant daggers!!!! :lol:

Keira

RishiGTiR said:
She just appreciates a nice little pressie every now and again
i told Beck i was buying her a nice turbo shaped suprise present the other day 8)

might even let her look at it when it turns up :lol:

G

GTI-R Kid

If I thought I'd get away with it I might try telling some porkies. Problem is she knows too much about the damn car and if i changed ANYTHING she'd notice. :oops: :oops:

jsbuds

Yeah my woman has eyes like a hawk , i'd have to be bloody man in black with government co-op before i could do n e thing and get away with it !!! :lol:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
GTiR_Mic said:
Another R mate. that must be number 5? YOu going to keep this one :lol: :lol:

Mic
yip number 5 :oops: but i'm def keeping this one - i swear!!

although i should have hung onto R's no1 & no3 - i miss them both :cry: :cry:

chrisniss91

After the shock of selling my pulsar my GF is begging me to spend more on the GTR.

One thing that does annoy me is her Mum gets involved :evil:

O

Odin

Vikki pays for most of my mods now so I can't get away with lying anymore :oops: , I think shes about 12k behind my real spending figures though 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: .

But she has been pushing me towards getting the engine rebuilt of late :shock: :? You gotta love her :wink: :D .

rob

B

bex

gtirneil said:
I got busted big time about 3 weeks ago. It started when i came back from Santa Pod and orderd some coilovers, but decided not to tell the G/F.

As the coilovers hadnt turned up i was PMing the person involved, but foolishly left myself logged in, as i turns out Bex checked my PM's and found the pm's i had sent, which resulted in a nice phone call from her and a bit of explaining to do from me.
:lol:
its not the fact you bought them its the fact you didnt tell me and everyone else knew!

plus you think i wouldnt notice that you had fitted coilovers? im not that retarded :lol: ;)

G

GTI-R Kid

creedy said:
sounds like most of you are under the thumb :p
Yup! :oops:

But I can't complain - she paid for the Mongoose, wheels, steering wheel and headunit. 8)

Dooie Pop Pop

chrisniss91 said:
After the shock of selling my pulsar my GF is begging me to spend more on the GTR.

One thing that does annoy me is her Mum gets involved :evil:
bex said:
plus you think i wouldnt notice that you had fitted coilovers? im not that retarded :lol: ;)
five quid says you wouldn' t have :p :lol:

B

bex

my mums going on neils insurance :lol:

then she can drive it when ever she wants! she loves it

and i could tell the difference between coilovers and standard suspension

the ride would be much harder... ;) hahaha

im not a typical oooh look at that its got pretty paint car slag... :p

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
I think ant's quite lucky in a way - I've been telling him to gets bits for his car...i buy them most of the time.

If it gets a bit too extreme that's when i'll tell him he's going overboard, he uses the car as a daily driver so too much modding will affect his wallet in more ways then one :wink: .

Aimee :D

B

bex

im the same amy as you know...

just mystifys me why he didnt tell me about the suspension..

if he had told me when he ordered it i would of been like yea fine...

men are just born liars though! :p