GTIR Faster quartermiles record in the world ?

Dooie Pop Pop

samellio 1 said:
option motorsprt's sister company in Japan have run sunny's in the 9's before.. I've said this a million times but still folk rave about r's getting into the 10's :roll:
you got any links matey?

Keira

LOU ROB said:
look at kirks previous times. Most runs are in the 12's, others are high 11's. Personally, nobody can lose 1 second and gain 15mph on his terminal from 1 run.
some more times :

NDRC drag qualifying # 4 Pro Modified 11 Lee, Kirk 11.108
NDRC drag qualifying # 2 Pro Modified 11 Lee, Kirk 11.047

kirk actually runs 2 cars on the strip, the other car is slower :wink: The car with the white bonnet and the black car next to it are both his 8)

the car with the white bonnet has also run 10.7 and 10.8.

extract from a post on a another forum :

Originally Posted by Kirk_Lee :
Totally understand your doubt, I have read about that car before. but here is a link to the NDRC national records page, take a look under the 4wd records - http://www.ndrc.com.jm/index.php?opt...14&Itemi d=45 . I'll post a pic of a couple slips in a little.
hazar_ser :
Yup, no lie, Ive personally seen this car run a 10.7 and then 10.8 But the link you provided is really old. Xavia and Simon have both ran 10.1's consistenly in the white Civic, and George told me the EVO ran a best of 9.4xxx. That list needs to be updated
He has a slip, the time is on the jamaican national drag racing site, other people have confirmed the car has run 10's, what more do you want :?:

Its pointless asking about cars around the world if people are just going to discredit them without knowing that much about them, i was dubious when i first saw it but credit where credits due 8) , short of seeing it yourself theres nothing that can prove it more than whats been posted. He's hard to get old of as he's on dial up, i'll e-mail him and see if i can get him to comment or send me the vids he's got 8)

If thats the case, my 10.057 still stands :shock:
now you're just being silly :wink: :lol:

Keira

a jap car, but not the quickest one

13 rank Yamamoto victory oneself (RNN14/SR20DET) time: 11.687 second entry: Garage SAURUS (Kanto/Koshinetsu branch) [ ' preliminary round = 5 rank of classified by 00 branch/11.561 seconds ] < SPEC > 2100 cc/TD06L2/ニスモクロス MT/Zaurus ECU/OS twin plate clutch/225/50? 16/other things < You speak a word with anything! > In order to insert in 10 second level, it perseveres and increases.

jap drag battle times from 1997 are here :

http://www.amkread.jp/Pages/DBRankTop.html

no nine second gtirs in there, quickest is low 11

1999 drag battle : 3 幸野大介 RNN14 SR20DET タービン交換 サイタガレージ 九州 オートポリス 9.19 11.094 1

LOU ROB

Deisel Weasel said:
The car with the white bonnet and the black car next to it are both his
Now his times make more sense :lol: He has 2 gtirs 8)

Fair play to the geezer is what I say 8) . Its about someone pushed the boundaries further, at least now i'll have to get my finger out and do some more fettling with my beast ready for the new season :p

cmng

ha
by the way
look on those date.. it old ago.

unless no one have ever try to update the website
or non of GTIR owner at japan interested to build a 9 sec
while you can achieve that on R32 GTR ?

no idea

Dooie Pop Pop

cmng said:
ha
by the way

no idea
cos its easier in a GTR (worms ahoy! :lol: )

a 9 sec gtir would be INSANE :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Dooie Pop Pop said:
cmng said:
ha
by the way

no idea
cos its easier in a GTR (worms ahoy! :lol: )

a 9 sec gtir would be INSANE :lol:

Crower 2.3L kit... GT42RS... Job done...

Next year maybe... 8)

Rishi