GTIR Faster quartermiles record in the world ?

cmng

Anyone have the GTiR quartermiles record
not only UK the world
on a 4WD GtiR

i checked UK is 10sec plus
any RNN14 make it to RH9 club ?
:oops:

Keira

was just talking about this 8)

10.693 @ 137.19mph, Kirk Lee, Nissan Pulsar, 31/07/2005, 3:25pm, Vernamfield, Clarendon

time is also on official jamaican drag records.

the malaysian car :

WAR Motorsport/Rennie Koo. Malaysa, Dec 1997, Drag car.
10.62 @ 144Mph

how you doing with tracking him down ?

MarkTurbo

Dooie Pop Pop said:
ok nobber, how much time does using slicks cut off your 1/4run?
I wouldnt start worrying about things like that yet, you need to learn how to get of the line properly first :wink:

Sorry Stu :oops: Couldnt resist that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

nismoboy

is the jamacian gtir`s time correct? as i heard it might have been a timing error? anyone confirm either way?

nismoboy

Dooie Pop Pop said:
deisel weasel said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
is it on slicks? looks like it.
no you f.u.c.king idiot its on tractor tyres :roll: :lol: :lol:
silly me :roll:

using slicks would improve your qtr mile times but would probably do more harm than good. ie break your gearbox :(

Dooie Pop Pop

MarkTurbo said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
I wouldnt start worrying about things like that yet, you need to learn how to get of the line properly first :wink:

Sorry Stu :oops: Couldnt resist that one :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: b1tchy! :lol:

could someone do me a favour and remove this large pointy object which appears to be lodged in my back?

s' ok i can handle it :wink: .....i will launch my R properly one day and show you right up oh Grand Launch Master Mark.

think i might start practicing my foot work with the engine off :lol:

GINDA said:
doh all judging by the naughty poor 1.86 60ft time :?
good point.

GINGA

Slicks should improve your time a fair bit by cutting your 60ft time right down (although obviously not in that case :lol: ) but obviously if your wheels will no longer spin off the line then your transmission will have to be strong enough to cope which until the gearbox issues are sorted probably isn't the best option :(
However running a set of slicks just on the front may help a fair bit as its normally the fronts that have the most problems with grip.

nismoboy

GINDA said:
Slicks should improve your time a fair bit by cutting your 60ft time right down (although obviously not in that case :lol: ) but obviously if your wheels will no longer spin off the line then your transmission will have to be strong enough to cope which until the gearbox issues are sorted probably isn't the best option :(
However running a set of slicks just on the front may help a fair bit as its normally the fronts that have the most problems with grip.
or a front lsd :wink:

Keira

i've chatted to kirk a few times about his car, he ran a slower 60ft on the slicks than he has done on 17's with road tyres.

The mickey T's gripped so well the car bogged down :shock:

As for Kirks time it has made it onto the official ndrc of jamaica site so would rule out a timing error, and the terminal speed is good 8)

NDRC

Oapr reckoned its commonly believed that slicks would be worth 0.5 sec over the 1/4, which means a couple of our cars would be running similar times, on 17's i believe kirk was running mid to low 11's consistently.

S

samellio 1

option motorsprt's sister company in Japan have run sunny's in the 9's before.. I've said this a million times but still folk rave about r's getting into the 10's :roll:

LOU ROB

deisel weasel said:
i've chatted to kirk a few times about his car, he ran a slower 60ft on the slicks than he has done on 17's with road tyres.

The mickey T's gripped so well the car bogged down :shock:

As for Kirks time it has made it onto the official ndrc of jamaica site so would rule out a timing error, and the terminal speed is good 8)

NDRC

Oapr reckoned its commonly believed that slicks would be worth 0.5 sec over the 1/4, which means a couple of our cars would be running similar times, on 17's i believe kirk was running mid to low 11's consistently.
look at kirks previous times. Most runs are in the 12's, others are high 11's. Personally, nobody can lose 1 second and gain 15mph on his terminal from 1 run.

If thats the case, my 10.057 still stands :shock:

cmng

diesel weisel
still cannot trace it
i think the record is not done here
malaysia that time, i doubt have proper track for it

most prolly done at overseas

i heard few GTiR at japan already under 9sec level
but cannot trace the report on it

there is 2wd B14 with GTiR engine that in consistant high 9 sec
so if the engine is on 4wd GTiR it possible to keep in 9sec ?

Lou Rob
your 10.05 sec is Full stock interior and slick ?
if yes, that is amazing result

there is alot of awesome RNN14 pic i can get from japan website

i not sure you all have seen this or not

Sorry .. in japanese

http://homepage2.nifty.com/ANIMALS-DRAG/drag_052.htm

the RNN 14 spec and engine serial no to tell you the car actual production year
sorry.. also in japanese

http://www.niji.or.jp/home/g0873537/i-rzetugo.htm