GTI-R's are not treated seriously

bracpan

11,400 Is Around The Right Number, 5000 Had To Be Built In The First Year To Homologate It For Group N Rally

Cheers

Phil

marcymarc

bracpan said:
11,400 Is Around The Right Number, 5000 Had To Be Built In The First Year To Homologate It For Group N Rally

Cheers

Phil
Cheers for confiming that fella ;-) glad someone else knows there apples.

G

GTIRocks

i was of the opinion that its generally easyer to tune a turbo car rather than a na motor, and when i had my honda (before my evo) parts were scarce and v v expensive especially if u want mugen, spoon ect, these e bay parts are simply not proven quality items that will guarentee power AND reliability u may not get alot for the R but from what i have seen its all by repuatable people/companys ????
the debate goes on................

ps it looks to me like there is plenty out there for the R fmic, elecs, internals ect ??? no big spoilers or veilside kits but hey i will live

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's easier to get larger power increase from a turbo than it is an na. Both types are normally well tuneable tho, but sometimes the factory does a good job on the na to start with, that getting much extra power at all without a rebuild is quite an achievement.

CruiseGTi-R

GTIRocks said:
ps it looks to me like there is plenty out there for the R fmic, elecs, internals ect ??? no big spoilers or veilside kits but hey i will live
Thats right, you wouldn't live (not very long on here anyway) if you stuck a veilside kit on it and changed the wing.

Welcome btw ;-) :-D :-D .

Joking apart, I was thinking of retro fitting the wing from the works rally 205. You seen that wing?! :-D

Although wouldn't help to make people take the R seriously (trying to stay on topic).