GTI-R's are not treated seriously

mattygti-r

even the japs have given up on gtirs , there were sweet fa in japan when i was over, and the reason why? they are mostly all rusty , hard to tune, and seen as a "boy racer" "nova" car. too old to keep on the road.

hey dont shoot me its just what i was told

N

Ninja_tune_factory

stevepudney said:
When I go on a net search for manifolds I always end up finding things like this and it makes me want to convert to Honda

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1404253

Why can't we have some quality like this available to us at these prices

Steve
For once i agree with what ur saying about coverting to honda

there are manifold out there that but there 600+

Edit :
just found this http://www.spoolinperformance.com/sr20-log-fwd-p-57.html?osCsid=ef1b080a2dd7f6495d2b07e8e6d92701

Last edited by a moderator:

marcymarc

Well to be honest i think that is a load of bollox Matty, How come there is 8 active gtir forums in Japan ? How come each branch of the japan gtiroc has a monthly meet with more gtirs turning up than any meet an english r owner have ever attended ? How come the japanese oc expands every year? How come there has been 2 brand new jap gtir forums set up in the last 12 months?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
marcymarc said:
Well to be honest i think that is a load of bollox Matty, How come there is 8 active gtir forums in Japan ? How come each branch of the japan gtiroc has a monthly meet with more gtirs turning up than any meet an english r owner have ever attended ? How come the japanese oc expands every year? How come there has been 2 brand new jap gtir forums set up in the last 12 months?
Didn't you know Marc, since Matty got himself a Skyline, GTI-R's are just rusty, old nova trpes that are to hard to tune. He mixes with the real men now ;-)

P

powerfreack

theres nothing real about a skybardge they cost to much and unless you are prepeard to spend good money on them then they arent all they are cracked upto be

had one for 3 months and sold it and came back to the gtir as the skyline didnt do it for me

ashills

u can get any manifold etc u need just have to go to people like protech and pay real prices not ebay manifold prices im affraid

ChrisS

Ive thought the same thing about the hondas. Tuning stuff is so cheap over in the states for them, and its not just ebay type gear. Im supprised there arent more highly spec'd civics ect over here. The americans do seem to be alot keener on aftermarket turbo kits for n/a cars than we are over here.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
ChrisS said:
Ive thought the same thing about the hondas. Tuning stuff is so cheap over in the states for them, and its not just ebay type gear. Im supprised there arent more highly spec'd civics ect over here. The americans do seem to be alot keener on aftermarket turbo kits for n/a cars than we are over here.
That's more along the lines of what I mean't to say.

I was using the manifold as a very broad example of what's available for our like minded cousins over the water, it's just annoying that quality seems to be available at such realistic prices and owners can enjoy their hobbies without being completely financially crippled.

Anyone can go to Protech (being that there so local) and have a £500 - 800 manifold made, I know that

I think it's mainly because there just haven't been enough serious GTI-R owners over the years that have stuck with the car, and that's possibly because of the reliability issues with big power GTI-R's, it's just to costly to commit when you consider you can get more reliability from other similar vehicles or other manufacturers.

A

another sunny

i am up set now, nearly in tears. I have always said i would never have a nova........think i might sell my newly aquired gtir and go back to my freelander

maz

hondas are good cars, their very reliable, cheap to modify, and cost effective, but i wanted shit loads of power, an thats what i bought a pulsar for, i knew they were expensive to run, less reliable, and more expensive to modify but thats what its all about. you made your bed steve! now get on with it :)

paz

stevepudney said:
Didn't you know Marc, since Matty got himself a Skyline, GTI-R's are just rusty, old nova trpes that are to hard to tune. He mixes with the real men now ;-)
Seems a bit strange that he insists on hanging about on this forum then doesn't it. Or could that just be to flog stuff to everyone :roll:

Paz

CruiseGTi-R

I reckon its just down to numbers. Honda civics have been made in the millions (thats actually probably not far off), in comparison the 5000 R's or whatever makes them rediculously rare. So mfrs for tuning parts are unlikely to make bits for the R cos it simply isn't worth the investment given the orders they are likely to get.

If I made door pods for Honda's, f**k me, my R would have gold exhaust valves by now :-D .

Its whats I love about the R though, yes it would be nice to have an Argos catalogue of tuning bits like the Honda guys have, but frankly thats too easy and no where neeeeaaarr as rewarding when you manage to source that special part for the R or get something truely custom made like a manny etc.

Basically it does cost more £££, but hopefully it'll help keep R prices up and get rid of the Nova boys buying em.

Last edited:

marcymarc

CruiseGTi-R said:
I reckon its just down to numbers. Honda civics have been made in the millions (thats actually probably not far off), in comparison the 5000 R's or whatever makes them rediculously rare. So mfrs for tuning parts are unlikely to make bits for the R cos it simply isn't worth the investment given the orders they are likely to get.

If I made door pods for Honda's, f**k me, my R would have gold exhaust valves by now :-D .

Its whats I love about the R though, yes it would be nice to have an Argos catalogue of tuning bits like the Honda guys have, but frankly thats too easy and no where neeeeaaarr as rewarding when you manage to source that special part for the R or get something truely custom made like a manny etc.

Basically it does cost more £££, but hopefully it'll help keep R prices up and get rid of the Nova boys buying em.

There was just over 11000 gtirs made mate , nissan made 5000 of the buggers in the first six months of production :lol:

Edited to add: yes you are right about it all being down to numbers, even 11000 gtirs doesnt compare to the amount of civic type r,s etc

Last edited:

ronny_gti-r

marcymarc said:
There was just over 11000 gtirs made mate , nissan made 5000 of the buggers in the first six months of production :lol:

Edited to add: yes you are right about it all being down to numbers, even 11000 gtirs doesnt compare to the amount of civic type r,s etc

11000, i have been told 2500 was made to be sold.
Is 11000 all that was made, incl for rally use?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
ronny_gti-r said:
11000, i have been told 2500 was made to be sold.
Is 11000 all that was made, incl for rally use?
With the exception of a few others dotted around, I think the general concessus is that there were only 4700 built for the Jap market and 67 UK made for the UK market.

forge400

Hi

I used to have a Honda Prelude 2.2vti Turbocharged running 400bhp for topend power you can't beat the v-tec and turbo working together. I used a manifold from a evo7 plus the turbo too. But there are more options with a G.T.I.R as it comes turbo already so it's less hassle tuning it.