GT3076 or Gt35

boost

Hi all now i have been scracting my head with bloody turbos for the past few weeks.. dont laugh as i dont want to buy the wrong one..and i have spent enough money already.. !8)

im wondering if any one has used either the gt3076 or full gt35 and also what was the conclusion..

and also does it fit on a standard manifold, with a t3 adapter plate..

your views would be much appriciated..

thankyou

Trip

Choosing the right turbo is absolutely proportional to what is your realistic figure goal. I suggest you do a search on here and see what is your realistic figure in terms of budget, level of mods, time and how will you use of car.

Without wanting to sound negative, if you are considering using the standad manifold with a T3, neither of those turbo's are in par with the manifold. You will need a true T3 equal length manifold.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I thought the 3076 was a 500bhp+ capable turbo and the gt35 600+. That's in very simple terms. Obviously you can get lots of different versions of each. It's really down to how much power you want to make.

warringtonjack

I have my 3076 fitted on a ported standard manifold modified for a T3 flange and an external wastegate. Hasnt been mapped yet, so cant comment any further than that at the mo. Should have her back next weekend. :)

boost

I have my 3076 fitted on a ported standard manifold modified for a T3 flange and an external wastegate. Hasnt been mapped yet, so cant comment any further than that at the mo. Should have her back next weekend. :)

hi jack,

can you keep me posted to how it goes, and whats the spooling up like..

do you have any pics of your standard manifold modified to suit the t3 flange

thanks

Mad

Personally, I would rather have a GT3076 but it depends on your power goals. I have heard of a 2.0 litre Evo running a GT3076 pushing 600bhp on super unleaded but realistically, this turbo is good for 500 - 550bhp at a squeeze with high compression etc etc.

I have done a lot of homework with turbos and if you are looking for 550bhp + then your choices are a GT35r with either a .63 or .86 turbo housing. The .83 is probably the best option and is comfortable for upto 600bhp but works better with a stroker kit or higher compression.

skiddusmarkus

Have a read up about water injection and see how it affects compressor maps.The gist of it is that you can exceed the max power outputs of turbos as you make the air much denser through cooling it so it flows like a bigger turbo but with the benefits of a smaller one.Especially with a high methanol %.

ashills

gt3076 with a .82 housing will make 550bhp on a good engine
and a gt35 with a .82 exhaust will make 630bhp possibly a bit more
the smaller exhaust housings on both will add the spool and lower the top end numbers a bit
gt3076 is an awesome turbo that will take lots of boost and stay at a half decent Efficiency

you can get a 3076 in a t28 style housing so it will be a true bolt on and nothing needs altering or get a 2.75 inlet on it to help get teh air in a bit better

ashills

also forgot to say with either turbo to run it hard you want to line the block and have about 6-7k for the transmission

Trip

you can get a 3076 in a t28 style housing so it will be a true bolt on and nothing needs altering or get a 2.75 inlet on it to help get teh air in a bit better
Don't you think the internal wastegate port/flap is a "little" to small for such turbo ?

Trip

with some porting and a bigger penny it SHOULD BE ok bit of trial and error there maybe
Wouldn't it be better going for a T25 flanged, with 2.5" exhaust outlet non gated housing (using an external wastegate) ?

ashills

definately but people with gtirs dont normally like to run an aftermarket manifold lol
so this way keeps it all stock but a hks style t25 exhaust housing would be ideal then maybe drill a hole in top of stock manifold and weld an external on there as sirnix did years ago and an few others

Trip

definately but people with gtirs dont normally like to run an aftermarket manifold lol
so this way keeps it all stock but a hks style t25 exhaust housing would be ideal then maybe drill a hole in top of stock manifold and weld an external on there as sirnix did years ago and an few others
I have my reservations regarding the stock minifold and its equal flow abilities on all 4 runners. But i am sure if its professionally ported (and polished) it would yield better results.