GT2871r

John

Why not try giving Ed a phone, he may not be near this site for days? Whats GT3's online backup like if anything was to go wrong with the turbo, I know they were cheaper when I got my turbo from AET but I knew that AET were a big company and atleast I had comeback if anything went wrong.

As for the difference between the a/r's ive no idea, I thought it was around 20-30bhp peak power with the .86 being good for circa 400 and .64 about 380, but someone like Ed would be able to confirm that for you immediatly.

skiddusmarkus

Its a while since I've read up on A/R's(area divided by radius) but I think that the larger the A/R the more clearance there is between the turbine and the inside of the housing so it can flow more air but takes longer to spool.Smaller A/R means less lag but more back pressure so chokes at higher revs.
How much power you want to run will determine the A/R.I know you like your track days so maybe a 0.64 suits you better than a 0.86.For drag racing it doesn't really matter if you have a high A/R as you are ragging the arse off it in every gear so always in the powerband anyway.

Hopefully Makaturboguru will be on later to give a real answer.

johnsy

yeah iv spoke to ed today, he's gonna get back to me on a price

but from what i remember he told me the .64 will spool about 500rpm earlier and peak around 380-390bhp, and the .86 will make roughly 400-410,

but given ill be using an RB box and like you say i like my trackdays i think ill go with the smaller .64 a/r so im on the power earlier,and making the most of the rev range and top speed i have available

opinions please, maybe i have that the wrong way round and should go with the larger a/r

Last edited:

skiddusmarkus

I forgot about you rb box- thats going to give you more power at the wheels, it might not show it on a dyno but its the same difference acceleration wise as the engine will rev easier so making boost faster than a standard box.This might mean its better to get the 0.86 to help out more at the topend cos your midrange sure isn't going to struggle.

I've decided to put my gt2876 up for sale, if I can get a reasonable amount for it I'll get a 3071wg(0.86).If not, I'll leave it on the car.

P

pulsarboby

i would go for the 64 housing without question as the rb box will top out at 125mph so .86 housing is a waste.
it will be a very quick car through the rev range, 'as fast as you can physically change gear'
the car will feel like its normally aspirated as it will rev that quick;-)