GT2871r

johnsy

im looking at upgrading my turbo in the near future, i was wondering if anyone knew a good (cheap) supplier, iv seen em on ebay for about a grand, i know im not gonna get it for peanuts but the cheaper the better

Cheers DAN

skiddusmarkus

John, how much did they give you for your old one?I have a standard turbo with a crap compressor I could part ex and then sell my gt2876 if I was going to go for a 2871 or 3071.

johnsy

aye i know, i was just wondering what they paid if anything,

when iv sent things abroad iv always marked package as a gift, iv bought stuff from china and japan with no tax, but then i bought an i-river from the states and had to 30quidish, for there handling fee/import duty, if its gonna be a good saving i try it,if not ill just buy from a local place

johnny gtir

trouble is customs check whats in there and getting the people who are sending the part to mark it as gift or no value means there not covered at there end if you cancel payment once reciced or it gets lost or damaged most will not do it

johnsy

Iv just emailed AET for a price and also asked about px basis,

my turbo is in good nic so depending on px i may just flog it,its only been on my car just over a year and run @1 bar

johnsy

looking at about 860gbp from the states without delivery so i cant see it being that much cheaper

John

John, how much did they give you for your old one?I have a standard turbo with a crap compressor I could part ex and then sell my gt2876 if I was going to go for a 2871 or 3071.
Johnsy asked me the same question via PM, im not 100% sure what I got for it as it was about 2.5 years ago but I think it was around £200 off my new turbo, ball park anyway.

johnsy

like you say ill probably sell my standard tubby, but if there gonna offer summit like 200 for a fooked one ,it would cetainly be worth buting a knackered unit for £50 lol

ill post up any reply i get from them

johnsy

any one tell me the difference in power/spool between .86 and .64 a/r?

iv just sold my turbo so the ball is rolling, iv tried contacting ed through pm and his email to no avail thus far,

i also rang AET for a price they were about 100bgp more than gt3 online, ill wait and see what ed says and do a little more shopping around,