Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

skiddusmarkus

Just spent half the day putting my exhaust manifold and turbo back on the car-spent ages threadlocking and making sure everything was right.It took an hour to get the bottom 2 mani nuts on because I have lagged the mani and there's not much room to say the least.
Anyway,I thought I'd just give the rest of the nuts a little tweak and then crack,the bleeding stud snapped[:(!][:(].Now I don't want to take it all back off again to have it extracted and a new one put back in and the engine is going back in the car tomorrow.So,can you extract the 2nd stud from the right on the top of mani near the water thermostat whilst the engine is in the car?Anyone done this?

Skiddusmarkus@hotmail.com/skiddusmarkus@aol.com[img]http://www.pepe.me.uk/gtir/pics/sigs/skid.jpg[/img]

1/4 mile driver for hire.....reasonable rates.
Free gearset with every PAR T shirt sold

zia

providing there enough space it should be possible.has the stud broken flush with head or is it abit proud?
if it flush you,ll need a small drill to get in there.i presume you know how to take studs out?[;)]

zia

lord of the "R"

Keira

You must live a parrallel existance to me skiddus. [8D]

I lagged my manifold in the week, i thought it was an absolute cnut of a job as the pipes are so short, or have you got a tubular jobbie ? I also put it all back together today, I decided to paint my heat sheilds a lovely shade of red [:)] Possibly one of the gayest ideas i've had yet but it's done now, would've been better left silver how i'd done them the first time but i listened to the missus who reckoned red.

Your right about the nuts up behind the bend that goes to the turbo being a b@stard to get done back up with the lagging on the manifold [xx(]

Didn't take me an hour to do up those 2 though [;)]

The only difference between my day and yours is that i didn't break anything [:D][;)][:D]

That lagging stuff smokes like a fooker for a little while.

Down pipe next [:)]

It's a big black fly swat

skiddusmarkus

Zia-it's flush with the head.I know how to extract a stud but I've never had to do it so am going to leave it to a pro.Don'yt know whether to risk driving it with it like that though as I'm scared the gasket will blow out.
Kieron-I sprayed my heatshields with flameproof black paint and it doesn't look even remotely gay[;)].I just have the standard manifold which I polished but thought lagging it was a peice of p**s-makes up for it taking an hour to do 2 nust up[;)].

Skiddusmarkus@hotmail.com/skiddusmarkus@aol.com[img]http://www.pepe.me.uk/gtir/pics/sigs/skid.jpg[/img]

1/4 mile driver for hire.....reasonable rates.
Free gearset with every PAR T shirt sold

ex-gtir

skiddus dont worry that the most common one that snaps seen loads with it missing that dont blow
good luck with the engine refit tommorrow im work on jaigtir tractor tommorrow so i need all the luck in the world[:D]

GINGA

It goes in so the little hook falls down when the engine is turned over releasing the tensioner[;)]think it will only go in one way anyway.

Wanted 16" raceline rl7's

Keira

I noticed yesterday that my oil temp is slightly lower than it used to be, not just comparing it to the past few weeks of hot weather but since i've had the car.

So the lagging must be doing something [:)]

I always thought it was to prevent heat going into the engine bay but my understanding of it now is that the material retains the heat to prevent the exhaust gasses from cooling down.

I noticed on wills 'r' last week that the very same bolt you've snapped wasn't on his car, would've been like it since he did a piston 3years ago and his has been ok, until the latest problem of course but it's not the manifold blowing...

There is according to nissans service data a correct order for the manifold bolts to be tightened.

It's a big black fly swat