Got my Hi-Spec brakes yesterday!!!

K

KrissJ

...And f*** me it stops now!!! They took a long time to come (ordered them before Christmas) but the R certainly stops with some urgency now.

I've got the Billet 4-pot conversion with 300mm grooved discs & Mintex 1144 pads. Got em fitted yesterday a long with 4 spanky new Avons (the tyres on before were cack). It's really starting to take shape now & I'll be booking it in for suspension this week (whiteline handling kit, shocks & springs), then I'll be starting on the engine 8)

Really impressed with the Hi-Specs though, especially for the price, & they look class as well with the big gold calipers & bells behind black wheels. I've got pics of them but can't host em.

:D 8) :D

D

DodgeT

im going for the 285mm disk conversion with pads & braided hoses, but retaining the std calipers, wont be as good as yours but should be a LOT better than the small cr4ppy std disks

wish i could afford the 4 pot billets :( :(

M

Muppet

I have the 285 hi spec kit and am very happy with them. . For the price of the kit they are worth every penny. I also paid an extra £15 to have grooved discs

regards muppet.

C

Crazy

I agree lads :D

My 325mm discs and Monster 4 pots are mental compared to the standard sh!tters that were on there before :wink:

Definatley worth every penny 8)

O

Odin

welcome to club of R's that can stop as well as go 8)
but I wouldn't let a set of Avons any where near my
car ever again there 5hit in the wet :wink: .

K

KrissJ

Cheers Coxie. They're on a normal camera so I'll just av to finish the film 1st.

My grooved discs were no extra but I did get the braided hoses as well. I've actually heard nothing but praise for the Hi-Spec stuff & the price is right :D

The Avons (ZZ3s) were on offer at the garage that fitted them & I've read some good reviews on em as well as my cousin sayin they were good when he had em. They seem to grip well in the dry but I haven't had a cahnce to try em in the wet so I'll wait & see.

Cris

KrissJ said:
The Avons (ZZ3s) were on offer at the garage that fitted them & I've read some good reviews on em as well as my cousin sayin they were good when he had em. They seem to grip well in the dry but I haven't had a cahnce to try em in the wet so I'll wait & see.
I run ZZ3s on mine. Used to have Yokohama A539s before. ZZ3s seems to have excellent dry grip and feel though are horrid in the wet. Seem to grip OK but feel terrible. Mind you my tracking is dodgy so that may be a factor.

Tell us how you get on with them.

K

KrissJ

Well I've been for a couple of proper rides out with them now & they seem to grip very well. Yesterday I lost traction when I thought I shouldn't have (slightly damp section) but the tyres would still av been cold then & when I passed the same part of the road the other way they gripped OK.

Still not had any proper experience with them in the wet but in the dry they're enabling me to get some very high speeds on my favorite little road. Roll on suspension!!!

O

Odin

I had the avons on the rear of my R when I first got it
it rained heaverly one day and as I wen't around a rounderbout
at less than 30mph the back let go and I did a 360 and hit the kerb
they came off the the car that day :x :x .

It's never done it since :lol: .

rob

J

Jamie_GTIR

oh dear now i know why my back end loves to get a bit out in the wet!! avons on the rear lol

C

caz

ok V-man. Wot U recommend then. Got new 16's to order in the next few weeks, and need to reasonabley priced good tyres :?:

O

Odin

Goodyear f 1's there the only one's for me :wink: .

Also like others have said the Toyo's are very good :wink:

K

KrissJ

The F1s are supposed to be very good but from what I've seen, you pay for the priveledge.

Toyo Proxes T1-S are good tyres that don't cost the earth & I used to have 195/45 16 Continental Contisport Contact 2s on my old saxo which performed very well in wet & dry (tread patterns borin though)!

A

Anonymous

if you want grip then go for Dunlop Forumla Rs or the new michelin pilot sport.

for everyday I am with the Vman as I have F1s on mine and they are sweet.
My old R ran toyos on 16s and equally as good and fab in the wet. good price as well.

skiddusmarkus

Toyos are my favourite tyres in the wet-very progressive and controllable.Less outright grip than others I've had but loads more fun.