goodridge brake hoses

having had a look at my car the way the standard hoses are fitted to the caliper are totally different to the end fitting on the goodridge hose. Am I missing something or do I have a problem, any help would be good.

skiddusmarkus

From what I can remember,the ends should be the same-a banjo bolt on one end and a union on the other.They don't come with the pressed in brackets to clip them to the strut though,so use cable ties and a length of slit hose pipe to protect and hold it in place.

skiddusmarkus

It's been a few years since I've looked at the OE calipers properly but I'm pretty sure it's a banjo bolt that connnects to them-strange that yours don'tAre they the OE calipers?.Do the Goodridge ones come with a banjo?If they do,then you'll need a new bolt to connect them-they're a special hollow type but a dealer should be able to supply you with them for not much dosh.

assume they're o.e. calipers, they're not uprated ones. the goodridge hoses have the banjo end and come with the hollow bolt just don't look like they will fit the caliper, unless you can use both types of fitting

skiddusmarkus

They should be ok then.There's a ridge on the caliper that the banjo rests against that stops it moving when you tighten the bolt upYou can use more than one type of union to connect pipes to calipers-just check the bolt fits to see.They are usually a tapered thread so tighten up as they go further in(don't overdo it).

S

seanleed

One other thing if you're changing the hoses- remember to use new copper washers at each side of the banjo. If you don't you run a real risk of your brake fluid disappearing :cry:

MarkTurbo

You said you've been looking at the hoses, have you tried fitting the goodridge set yet?
Like skiddus said it should just be a case of bolting the banjo to the caliper with the banjo bolt supplied with the hoses (just make sure you try the bolt in the caliper first to make sure the threads are the same).
I've got goodridge hoses on my car (cos i work for them :mrgreen: ) but i haven't actually looked at the proper pulsar/sunny brakeline kit cos i made mine up as a 1 off set with the proper line locators on them to fit the brackets on the struts.
Didn't really want them cable tied to the strut.

Also the banjo bolts shouldn't have a tapered thread because all the sealing is done by the copper washers either side of the banjo, you only need a tapered thread when its the actual thread that needs to do the sealing.