Gauge pod for dash - to replace standard gauges?

R

Red16

can you buy a pod of some description to replace the 3 standard gauges for some nice aftermarket ones, like they do in cossie's etc ? :?

if so where from? as i cant find any for sale :cry:

thanks in advance

maz

speak to Crusie_Gtir, if your nice enough, he may fabricate you one. as the universal ones u will buy commercialy are mostly crap quality :( plus Cruise designs it to measurments so u cant really beat that!

G

GTI-R Kid

I've seen something like you describe on eBay before. Sits into the position of the original gauges and angles them towards the driver. Think they're designed to fit 3 52mm gauges.

I'll have a look again, and if I find them I'll post up the link for you.

CruiseGTi-R

I'm doing one of these for another forum member. Its not been started yet, but his is for 3x60mm gauges.

They'll be set within individual pods angled at the driver. Also the dash surround will be smoothed in so its one unit.

I'll stick photos up when its done. Would be cool if someone is already making them on ebay, any luck finging it?

Cheers, toby

(just saw Kid's post and links- nice enough idea with the DIN surround, one way of doing it)

Last edited:
T

Trent

mate of mine bought one of those universal din sizes guage pods off ebay for his starlet turbo, dont think they were made by the same people who do the angled ones cos his sat flush to each other, it was from japan and was really shit quality. only 15 quid though.

geetee

I don't think the standard centre gauge pod is DIN size. I remember I offered up one of my 52mm gauges and the bezel would not fit in.

Unless you build it out flush of course....

T

Trent

whoever had my pulsar before me swapped the pod round with the stereo, and it seems to fit ok, it doesnt rattle around anyway.

PaulB

ive just bought an autometer din size pod. its a plate that fits a stereo din hole and 3x52mm gauges angled towards you. The hole the originals are in should be DIN coz thats the position the standard sunny has its stereo. Il try n fir it all in and check back.

G

GTI-R Kid

geetee said:
I don't think the standard centre gauge pod is DIN size. I remember I offered up one of my 52mm gauges and the bezel would not fit in.
I've seen a good few cars that have had the standard gauges swapped around with the stereo and nobody's ever told me of a problem. I have something for mine now thats din size, and when I offered it up today it fit like a glove.:thumbsup:

Just need to source myself some L-shape brackets so I can fix it in place using the bolts and holes that the old gauges fitted.:doh:

CruiseGTi-R

You're dead right, my car came with the hu in the space of the oe 3 gauges, with the 3 gauges moved into a little box on the top of the dash - I've been told it was a common mod in japan.

PaulB

i have one for sale, its din sized and holds 3 x 52mm gauges, i bought it n decided to use a new 45mm bost gauge.
Tenna delivered anyone?

A

Andybtsn

CruiseGTi-R said:
You're dead right, my car came with the hu in the space of the oe 3 gauges, with the 3 gauges moved into a little box on the top of the dash - I've been told it was a common mod in japan.
I'm going to attempt this at the weekend!

K

keiichi

CruiseGTi-R said:
Digging this one up.

Did you create a custom pod? Interested in this - might be looking at a set of Defis in 60mm and looking for somewhere other than stuckon the dash to mount.. whats the latest & do you have any pics of the pod mentioned - i.e. the one that mounts on top of the dash??

CruiseGTi-R

The only pod I've done to date which goes on top of the dash was for an e-01 boost controller.

I have been asked to do the same e-01 with two 60mm gauges either side which I'm starting next week.

Pics of the e-01 if its any help. It would be straight forward enough to create you a pod for three defi's to go on top of the dash.

K

keiichi

CruiseGTi-R said:
The only pod I've done to date which goes on top of the dash was for an e-01 boost controller.

I have been asked to do the same e-01 with two 60mm gauges either side which I'm starting next week.

Pics of the e-01 if its any help. It would be straight forward enough to create you a pod for three defi's to go on top of the dash.

tbh would like something like the typical Scooby 3 gauge pod that mounts on the dash but with the AVC-R integrated... dunno...