Gaskets

webba23

Car is off the road at the moment as it has a few problems one of which is a blown exhaust manifold to turbo gasket. While replacing this I am going to replace the head to manifold gasket and have been looking at multi layered gaskets. Will there be any real advantage getting a seven layered one over a three layered one? Performance wise I am only looking to get it up to around 320 bhp (well I say that now).I've also decieded to get a stainless elbow and down pipe and am getting one made up by AM Performance. Do the standard gaskets fit this system? And if so does anyone know where I can get them for a reasonable price?

youngsyp

webba23 said:
Car is off the road at the moment as it has a few problems one of which is a blown exhaust manifold to turbo gasket. While replacing this I am going to replace the head to manifold gasket and have been looking at multi layered gaskets. Will there be any real advantage getting a seven layered one over a three layered one? Performance wise I am only looking to get it up to around 320 bhp (well I say that now).I've also decieded to get a stainless elbow and down pipe and am getting one made up by AM Performance. Do the standard gaskets fit this system? And if so does anyone know where I can get them for a reasonable price?
Just buy the S15 3 layer metal gasket.

There will be no benefit at all of of the other ones you mention. The only real benefit of the S15 gasket over the stock GTiR gasket is that the S15 gasket fits properly and doesn't partially restrict the ports, like the OE one does !

The AM Performance exhaust should come with a gasket but, the stock turbo elbow gasket will fit the AM elbow.

With regards to the AM Performance pipes, I'd read through the various threads on here before you give them any money. They seem to be all over the place where fit is concerned and it looks like an accurate jig wasn't created when the prototype pipes were made up !

Paul

webba23

Cheers for that I'll get the 3 layer gasket then.I've gone and shelled out already on the elbow and down pipe. Someone recommended it and his price is much cheaper than what I have been quoted. Have read bits of the group buy thread and looks like it was a bit hit and miss there with them fitting. Just have to hope that mine is all ok when it gets here. Won't be impressed if not though as it's not even been off the road two weeks and I'm getting impatient. Lol.

webba23

Anyone know a decent place I can get all the gaskets for my manifold, elbow and down pipe. Have got the manifold to head sorted but am hacing difficulty finding others. Have totally lost patience with all the places on google as no one seems interested in supply for the R. All the ebay places I've mailed only do the SR20DET manifold gasket. Any ideas at all. Please don't say Nissan as they are the worst of the lot in my experince of the last few weeks. Lol.

Cheers

Matt

geoff pine

MJP Eastern Auto - Park View Ongar Road Kelvedon Hatch Brentwood Essex CM15 0DF mike will sort you out with what you want and knows what you are talking about unlike some Nissan employees Telephone : +44 (0)1277 374201
Fax (24 hour) : +44 (0)1277 374986
Mobile : 07785 932086 (UK only

Last edited:

webba23

geoff pine said:
MJP Eastern Auto - Park View Ongar Road Kelvedon Hatch Brentwood Essex CM15 0DF mike will sort you out with what you want and knows what you are talking about unlike some Nissan employees Telephone : +44 (0)1277 374201
Fax (24 hour) : +44 (0)1277 374986
Mobile : 07785 932086 (UK only
Phoned them this morning and they were more help than all the other places I've been trying. Thanks for the tip.Matt