GA14DS Head Gasket

A

Anonymous

Hello gents.
I wonder if i can lend an ear.....listen up

Ok, my head gasket is gone. Now i know this is a "R" forum but i am poor and the girlfriend would have problems learning in a high performance motor.

Now the car in question is just an 'ikkle 1.4 lx. L Reg GA14DS engine code i think. I know some of you know your way around Nissans relatively well and i was wondering if you could shed some light an the matter.

Ok the head gasket has gone. How hard are these to change on the formentioned vehicle. At the present moment in time this is getting sorted by a friend of a friend. Which sometimes in great because things usually get done a little cheaper. Now as things stand, he has been saying that he has encountered a few problems and the car has been with him for longer than first anticipated. I am just wondering how much work would be involved and how much i would be charged by a garage, how many hours work it takes etc.

Cheers peeps.

Moved to regular maintenance - FAST GUY

J

J-GTi-R

It shouldn't be difficult, there'd be plenty of room to get the head off in situ. From experience of working in a garage though, when mechanics say they've encountered a few problems, it means they've bolloxed something up and are trying to cover it up... :?

S

seanleed

Took me just over an hour to do the head gasket on my jetta out in the street. And that was the first time I'd done one.

A

Anonymous

Well....i have phoned a few garages today to get prices and the prices range from £150 -£300 :shock:

I think i will just let the guy get on with it. Fair enough he is taking his time but it must be a bigger job than we first thought. He said he would only charge me £50. I might chuck him a bit extra if he hurrys up :?

Never mind :cry:

I am just thankfull i have nice neighbours. The guy over the road is letting me use his wifes/second car whenever i want which is excellent, he is a top bloke. The only thing is it is a shitroen AX 1.4 oil burner. Still, i can't complain. It is better than walking and public transport.

topcat

head

hey bob.. why didnt u txt me..
anyway... takes about 4 hours. nothing to difficult.
hows the carb?

Dunc.. :)

A

Anonymous

Re: head

topcat said:
hey bob.. why didnt u txt me..
anyway... takes about 4 hours. nothing to difficult.
hows the carb?

Dunc.. :)
I have been trying to catch u on MSN. It is all a bit complex to put in text :(
The carb.....thats a story i will need to tell u about. C ya on msn some time.