Fuelling...

LeeSmith

Usually my car does between 60 and 70 miles to quater of a tank with my normal style of driving.

I haven't changed my way of driving, and the car has just done 60 miles to half a tank of fuel......I have not noticed anything different about the car i.e smoking or any performance loss/gain.

Can anyone point me in the right direction..???
It has had a new fuel filter on it (which has been fine for 2 months & not leaking etc...), just had an oil change 2 weeks ago....

The car needs the shims replacing which I haven't got around to doing yet.
Spec of car:
aftermarket exhaust, decat pipe, mines ECU, uprated clutch, NGK plugs (gapped for right boost)
Running 1.0bar, producing 300 ponies
any help appreiciated..

J

Jonny H

:? you should be getting much more than that i would have thought, unless your always on full boost?........ different people have different ideas on "normal driving" :wink:

A

Anonymous

the only way to double the fuel consumption,without any significant signs,is thru a fuel leak somewhere.

if it was mixture related,you'd def be producing black smoke and power production would be severely affected

LeeSmith

Jonny H said:
:? you should be getting much more than that i would have thought, unless your always on full boost?........ different people have different ideas on "normal driving" :wink:
ok, normal driving for me is changing gear at a max of 3500rpm and no harsh acceleration.....(normal to me is trying to save money!!!!)

oap-r said:
the only way to double the fuel consumption,without any significant signs,is thru a fuel leak somewhere.

if it was mixture related,you'd def be producing black smoke and power production would be severely affected
That's what I though....there seems to be no excess smoke...I'll see what tommorow brings when I take the plugs out & check them & the Leads.....hmmm really bugging me now!!! Thank you for the advice..

Anyone else got any other ideas?????

G

gav

Its worth checking the lamda sensor reading and also the earth on the airflow metre. Mates pulsar done the same. Just cleaned the earth contact and job done.

J

John Mc

Is your speedo working properly mate?

I thought I had a problem with my fuel consumption and then realised the odometer wasn't working all the time because the speedo kept cutting out!

Just a thought :D

John

LeeSmith

Cheers, but speedo seems perfectly fine....rev counter ok & temp...all the lights work....oil pressure, temp & Boots gauges all ok too...

Kind of strange -

But It's just done 84 miles to quater of a tank.....I have no idea WTF is going on with it!!!

S

skar

i find my guage is a little inacurate. it will take 100 k's from the 3/4 mark to 1/2 mark yet it will do about 200 k's from 1/2 to 1/4.

its always best to work out fuel consumption by filling the tank to the top, noting the k's and then running it until the low fuel light comes on.

-kon

LeeSmith

memski said:
Dodgy fuel guage? :wink:
It could be, but seems ok when I fill it up - £20 is about half a tank 40 fills it up....so unless something is upsetting it whilst driving?? I gotta sort this damn car out!!!!

time for some overtime........... :oops: