fueling

nismoboy

I recently had my power fc fitted and mapped and was hoping to have the boost turned up to 1.6 bar, but the tuner said they could only run 1.2 because of my fuel pump (walbro 255) and they said i needed to upgrade to a bosch 044 pump if i want to run 1.6 bar. I phoned hiteq who i bought my pump from and they said walbro`s will support 500bhp?? so whats goin on?

I

Innovate Performance

Tuner wanted to make some money i gess, The pump will support 1.6 bar all day if the injectors dont max out first.

zia

go back don,t accept his bullshit, he,s charged for proper mapping session without giving you what you want!! :roll: providing he wasn,t maxing the the duty cycle on the injectors (if you have stock ones may need bigger) should more than plenty flow and pressure.

zia

I

Ian.H

Nismoboy ,
From the brief conversation I had with someone last night , they didn,t really say what the problem was , but I am guessing that you have been told the fuel pressure is dropping off under the higher boost ?
If this is the case then you should first check the supply voltage is ok . If you have any resistance across the wiring , ground or relay, the voltage will drop off giving a reduced pump output .

Get this checked out , and if you have any more problems , then give me a call or mail me.

Also , are you still running the stock injectors or regulator ?

Regards
Ian

Hiteq Performance

nismoboy

Also , are you still running the stock injectors or regulator ?

700cc sard injectors and the standard regulator, it must be the wiring as u say. I`ll have to leave it for now as if i increase the voltage to the fuel pump it may affect my map. I`ll leave it as it is until i increase the boost again and get rc to check the wiring to the fuel pump when they re-map it.

thanks ian for your help and feedback.nismoboy

S

str_motorsport

power supply to the fuel pump could be a problem.i had this problem on my gti-r and found that when hot the voltage dorpped to 10v!!!!
so i put a new relais(i have the battery in the boot), new power wire from relais to the pump, added a new ground wire for the pump and repalced the old wire form the pump with a new oine and used it as the start signal for the new relais...and now i gor 13,50-14 volts to the pump....