Fuel smell?

MarkTurbo

For the last couple weeks i've been getting a smell of fuel coming through the air vents, so i assume its coming from the engine bay somewhere.

I've checked all the fuel lines and they're fine. Anyone got any ideas :?:

I was thinking injector O rings??? I'll probably get some new ones anyway as i doubt they've ever been changed.

Anything else it could be?

E

Edd

my hose split right down at the bottom below the fuel filter where it joins onto the metal pipes that go to the boot , could be split there

J

Jonny H

have you had or got a decat pipe? when i got mine, on start up i had a strong smell of petrol coming in through the vents :roll:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've had a leak from the rubber hoses on the fuel tank. I guess if you're stationary the smell might drift forwards.

MarkTurbo

Just been out for a quick blast :D For test purposes of course (Any excuse to go for a drive :lol: )

The fuel feed/return pipes are both ok. I fitted new fuel pipe and clips when i put the engine back in just over a month ago but thought i better check just to make sure.

I took the metal cover off the fuel pump acess hole before i went out too but no smell from around that.

Whereabouts is the charcoal canister Zia? Cos i don't remember seeing one anywhere :?

zia

next to the n/s/f shock mounting should have three pipe on it one from feul tank .one for vac and another carn,t remmeber where it goes

zia