Fuel Pump?

Gray

Is there anyway of telling whether my R has had an uprated fuel pump installed without delving around in the fuel tank?

If not do I have to look under the rear seats and will I be able to see it easily with petrol in the tank?

The car came with a receipt for an uprated fuel pump from Hiteq but I don't know whether it's been installed.

Dooie Pop Pop

look at the wires going into the tank, when mine came back from hiteq the wires had been joined outside the tank. not much help i guess.

turn the ignition on (not the engine) and listen, the standard pump is pretty quiet when it primes the fuel line. the walbros quite noisy in comparison. you may need to listen to another R to be sure.

take the fecker out and look :lol:

Gray

I don't think hiteq installed it as the guy before me lived down south he just bought the pump from Hiteq who posted it to him. I'll have a listen for the fuel pump on my dinner.

So theres no way of just looking in the tank?

paz

Iif you have the cars set up properly, and the pump that is in is supplying enough fuel (whichever type it is :lol:) some might say that it doesn't matter. I know what you're saying though, you want the piece of mind that the pump isn't going to suddenly give up and take your engine with it :lol:

Paz

J

jpward

Take the top ring off the tank and if you have been smart and ran the tank low you will be able to shine a torch in and see the pump in the cage take note i said torch and ciggy lighter really isnt what you wana be using anyway a hiteq pump kit has the rubber band bit around the pump as the oe pump is bigger in size than the walbro it sits tight against the orange plastic cradle so you would not see any black band which is about 4" long also as stated b4 the wires coming out the back of a walbro will have probably been crimped with the wires going to connector on the lid and as said b4 it is noticably louder like a small drill sound when you turn the key on! 8)