Fuel Pipe

G

GTI-R

Dudes,

I have a SARD fuel regulator on the 'R and the pipe that runs from the SARD to the fuel rail is splitting. I have just purchased a replacement pipe but wonder if there are any things I need to take care of when fitting it.

Will I get covered in fuel?

Do I need to bleed anything afterwards?

Anything else?

Pleas ehelp coz most of you know how bad I am at anything like this :oops: :lol:

Cheers,

O

Odin

yeah get your brolly out :wink: .

When I changed my fuel filter I got covered because the fuel is under
pressure in the pipe, But apart from that it shouldn't be much of a job :wink: .

rob

G

GTI-R

:lol:

Cheers Rob, that makes me feel better, so I am likely to get sprayed...sounds like fun :eek: :wink:

Bloody typical :roll:

Cheers,

Curtis

It might help to release some of the pressure if you loosen the fuel cap.
I did this when changing my fuel filter also clamped the hose and didn't spill a drop which is good with petrol prices as they are at the moment. :wink:

O

Odin

Thats because your boring mate my way is a lot more fun :twisted: :lol:

rob

Curtis

vpulsar said:
Thats because your boring mate my way is a lot more fun :twisted: :lol:

rob
Have you try the "extreme" fuel filter changing procedure, where you do it which a lighted cigarette in your gob! Now that's FUN! :twisted:

Dooie Pop Pop

i thought if you pull the fuse for the fuel pump and turn the car over it' d get rid of the pressure or am i stoopid again :oops:

O

Odin

Have you try the "extreme" fuel filter changing procedure, where you do it which a lighted cigarette in your gob! Now that's FUN! :twisted:

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

S

seanleed

Start your engine, then pull the fuse for the fuel pump (third one up on the right hand side), it'll go for another few seconds then die.
No need to bleed anything when you start up again.

G

GTI-R

Well Dudes, the pipe is done, thanks for the comments.

We didn't try any of the reducing the pressure techniques first, wanted some Vpulsar fun :twisted:

However, there was hardly any pressure and it was simple to do, not much fuel either :shock:

Any guess the pressure was down due to the splits in the pipe :?: ...I hope :eek:

Cheers again,