Fuel Leak

Pulsey

Hi guys. last few days i have noticed that i have been getting around 200miles to a tank and thinking to myself i have hardly been planting my foot! and it wasn't till last night i had someone tell me theres a small of petrol coming from my car and a patch under it:( (also like to add the misses then decides to tell me it been stinking of fuel when following me all this week:evil:)

anyway i went out with a lamp last night and found fuel to be running down the side of the tank near the the 3 lines than run into metal lines under the car. so i left it with a tin under it to catch it till i get time in the morning. now i have had it on ramps this morning and it only seems do it as soon as you turn ignition on or have it running

i have found this photo on forum so was wondering if anyone had any ideas what ones are the feed etc? and worth changing before i have to drop the tank:shock:

many thanks:)

splmum

If they have started to split (mainly due to age) it might be time to bite the bullet, drop the tank and replace ALL the lines in one hit. you could do one and then blow another and so forth.
I would do them all in one go using some good EFI high pressure hose.
Just note that there are different diametre hose, they are not all the same.

Pulsey

thought i would update this to say it was a crack in the tank near end of pipe 8 where the valve enters the tank

watoga

Geez! Good spot! Not sure I would have spotted that!

I had a crack in line 1 or 2 (can't quite remember which), but since it was after the fuel pump it only leaked when the ignition was on too. Was a pain in the ass though, as I left the car to warm up for 5 minutes (without knowing it was leaking) only to find a *HUGE* puddle of petrol on the driveway! Tried to clean it all up, but within 24 hours it had started to dissolve the tarmac, so now I have a 8" x 4" hole in my driveway!

Next time I'll get a concrete driveway!!!!!!

Good luck,
Dave

M

mynheers_a_pint

The fuel output fuel line on my tank was the first issue i had on my car and was an absolute PITA to replace. Managed it in situ, but christ, it was a challenge.