Fuel hose clamps

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Are these type of hose clamps ok on the fuel system?

I've got some screw up ones on at the moment but they won't fit the replacement hose very easily if at all and I've a couple of the above clamps spare from an air hose. (It's one of those one handed tight space jobs, ie down the side of the fuel tank.)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What do you use? I don't know if the ones I have on are standard clips or replacements.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Yup, they're what I have on at the moment, but they don't seem to fit the new hose, so I'll have to see if I can get some slightly bigger ones tomorrow.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Aren't those what you get on the OEM fittings anyway? If it's good enough for Mr Nissan, I'd just use them for now.

warpspeed

yeah I know lots of cars have them fitted standard, why's that? cos their cheap!! and very nasty, sorry but I hate them as I see them fitted on customers cars and their a complete pain in the arse!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I find them easy to use. Pair of pliers and 2 secs in all but the most awkward places to remove. Where as the screw up clamps I have on now (especially the one I'm trying to do) can be a complete pain sometimes.

If those spring clips are standard fit, I must have swapped mine over for some reason many years ago.

warpspeed

yeah when their in good condition....i have a business carrying out Terraclean treatments where I connect my machines into the vehicles fuel supplies and it must be about 80-90% of the time these clips are twisted and mangled and not nice to work with, it's a pleasant suprise when they work as they should....