Fuel drop off at 5k rpm

warringtonjack

Hi guys

Car is in process of being remapped at a tuner. He has discovered that the car starts running very lean at about 5k rpm, regardless of which boost pressure, etc the car is running. We're struggling to determine what is causing the fuelling drop off, so I'm after as many possible causes that could give such a consistent drop off at a given rpm, so that I can cross each one off.

As far as fuelling goes, the car has new 1000cc injectors, 390l/hr in tank pump, standard fuel rail, 3076R, z32maf. The tuner is mapping at 1.6Bar as a mid-range boost pressure.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers

danr

Last edited:

warringtonjack

Should have mentioned that the car is running a PFC. Would the PFC also have an injector cut based on failed square wave signal?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I don't think it does. - When you said you were getting it mapped, I assumed this wasn't a standard ECU so the speedo cut wasn't your issue.

Could be wrong though.

danr

still an issue with nistune / plms or any other daughterboards that use standard ecu. but yeah stand alone wont have same safety feature, well, unless programmed/requested..

Last edited:

nismoboy

also just noticed your running a gt3076, have u increased the size of the standard fuel pipe? if not then thats your problem. But also re-wire the pump aswell.