Front mount ( apart from an evo and skyline ) which fits??

otter

Alright lads,
Im wanting a cheap front mounted intercooler ( preferably under £200) and was wondering if any body had one that had came off another turbo'd car.( other than off an evo or skyline ). Ive had a look on the evo forum and no 1 seems 2be selling any there. And as for the skyline, i wouldnt have a clue as 2where i could get 1 from.
Can anybody please help? Has 2b suitable for running 1bar boost.
And im wanting 2keep the bumper stock.
Regards, the otter

M

memski

If you're on a budget why not use the stock intercooler? You can get the end tanks modified to help with the piping?

otter

Well ive seen that some have tried that but i was wanting something a little bigger sitting behind the bumper.
Surely i could find 1 for 200 notes or less.
Im supprised ur not telling me 2 keep the top mount seen as im only running approx 260bhp!!! :?

M

memski

Well if you really want to go fmic and run 1bar then the stock intercooler should be fine. If you're willing to get it modified that is, the only other intercooler I can think of that comes cheap are the Spearco ones you see on ebay... For Skyline cores either try Abbey motorsport or keep an eye out on the Gtr forum. They will all need bumper mods though....

Websnowbo

Some diesel van's have pretty big intercooler's, not sure on what boost they can take though..........

In fact scrap that, i reckon they will be crap.

otter

Cheers hardc*ck, Al keep my eyes open on ebay.

Any1 else wid any suggestions???

Ashills, did u manage 2get an evo intercooler?
If so how much did u pay?