front lower strut brace

skiddusmarkus

It should do-there's around an inch or so of clearance from my Mongoose to my 4 point Cusco one.It better anyway as I have the same downpipe as you to go on.

Dooie Pop Pop

skiddusmarkus said:
It should do-there's around an inch or so of clearance from my Mongoose to my 4 point Cusco one.It better anyway as I have the same downpipe as you to go on.
i had one fitted before dunno if you remember but i took it off cos it rattled like a bugger. i put it down to the oe mounts but now im not sure. i had less than an inch clearance. the people with solid mounts had no bother. iv got a set of mounts now so i want to try to re fit one. i miss that brace :(

Mr GTiR

Dooie Pop Pop said:
will my 3 inch exhaust clear one?
No it won't, i had a box section cut into mine to clear my 3" downpipe. i pick up the car on sat so will take a pic of it to show you what i mean. please pm me to remind me as i will forget to do it.

nismoboy

I would also like to know if the cusco brace fitts as i have the janspeed 3 inch front pipe and would like to buy the brace but im not sure if it will fit.

Can anyone confirm that it will or wont fit?

Dooie Pop Pop

pipe' ll be going on soon but iv got to wait for the mounts :( i dont fancy doing them on my own with limited time. until we try the brace out i guess we wont know then :wink:
andy' s probably right though. unless there' s no movement at all it 'll rattle :( the downpipes exactly the same as the goose just bigger. i had only a finger odds worth of room to start with.

stu

S

str_motorsport

i also want to fit a lower brace to my gti-r
i have a goose front pipe...will the whiteline bar fit?
i was thinking that i can made a custom 4 point brace, so i will be sure it will fit....
anyone has tried to make one?

skiddusmarkus

If the Japnspeed is exactly the same design as the Mongoose and only 1/2" larger in diameter then it's only going to move 1/4"(will move 1/4 up and 1/4 down) closer to the lower brace.I have at least an inch of clearance so am not worried.

O

Odin

If it is a problem you can allway's take it down your local friendly exhaust butcher's and have them heat it up and give it a little bend out the way. :wink:

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

vpulsar said:
If it is a problem you can allway's take it down your local friendly exhaust butcher's and have them heat it up and give it a little bend out the way. :wink:

rob
thats what i thought :wink: everyone one i asked that had the 4point with no problems had solid engine mounts. i got rattles on some cambers.

O

Odin

I seem to have plenty of room with my 2 point brace but I will let you all know when my pipe come's.

rob

skiddusmarkus

Maybe that's it then Stu-I also have Nismo mounts.I've seen the Mongoose tail pipe in all sorts of different angles on cars,so there is obviously a bit of adjustment in them.

Mr GTiR

Still don't think it will clear. I just remembered it's my flexi pipe that sits right on the Cusco lower brace where the box section is.