front disc removal

rossdj1983

im havin a bit of a night mare tryin to shift my front discs they seemed to not wanna play ball and come off tryed hittin it to no avail, any ideas?????

O

Odin

rossdj1983 said:
im having a bit of a night mare trying to shift my front discs they seemed to not wanna play ball and come off tried hittin it to no avail, any ideas?????

They can be a bit of a mare to get off, What you need to do is spray them from behind with WD40 or something like it, And let it soke in for an hour or two and then beat them with a leather/rubber mallet again ;-) .....

And remember once you have them off, If you refit them or are fitting new disc's put loads of copper slip on the back of the disc where it mounts to the hub, That way they will come off a lot easier next time ;-) ....

If the WD40 doesn't work try some heat from a blow touch ;-)

Rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you're changing them, ie not putting those discs back on, then just bray feck out of them with a hammer, keep changing the side you're hitting. ( I had the same problem on an old car, the discs seemed to be corrosion welded in place.)

Shaun

You should have 2 bolt holes where they meet the hub,put 2x13mm bolts in and tighten them alternatley,you will find they will come off really easily.

Shaun said:
You should have 2 bolt holes where they meet the hub,put 2x13mm bolts in and tighten them alternatley,you will find they will come off really easily.
^^ Even I knew that, can't believe all you lot are beating the tar out of them with mallets :lol:

O

Odin

Major_Sarcasm said:
^^ Even I knew that, can't believe all you lot are beating the tar out of them with mallets :lol:

Thats probably because most of the disc's I've seen the bolt holes are all rusted up and the threads are f*cked :oops: , Or have after market disc's that don't have the bolt holes anyway ;-) ......

But I do agree the best way it to do the bolts up tight ish and then give it a little tap with a hammer :thumbsup: .....

Rob

rossdj1983

puttin hi specs on so it dont matter about them, anyway got the blow torch on them, came off a piece of pi%s. happy days