Front bumper cutting

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Someone on here must have an angle grinder you could borrow, it would make much, much neater job of it.

As for he holes, do you have holes already then ?? just to small ??If they are in the right place you could always ship into the hole with tin snips and fold back (fold unerneath) the sections to make a bigger hole.

Gray

I might buy an angle grinder then they always come in handy! The snippers idea sounds good too

Yeah the holes are there as standard theyre just too small!
Can't wait to get it on it will look mint

Trying to find a renault garage to get a laguna or espace splitter
Then off to nissan to order a towing eye cover and a new gti-r badge

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Yeah the holes are there as standard theyre just too small!
There are no holes as standard as far as I remember, what holes are you talking about ? the ones in the inner wing just behind the headlights??

Gray

theres a hole where the washer bottle comes through an theres one just under the battery i think

it says ont he instructions the holes are there they just need enlarging

JIMMYBACK

yer there are holes behing each head light there just too small to use .......using a angle grinder on them is :shock: difficult and very hard not the cut though the wire loom :lol: :lol: ask dooie about that one :wink: when you done just make sure you paint any bare mental.other wise its the dreaded rust monsters party time :cry:

Gray

I wont be using an angle grinder on the holes i dont think lol
Just on the bumper bar

Wish me luck for 2moro anyway!

Gray

10 hours later ive just come in lol

Everything is tight some of the joins are a bit of a squeeze but they all seem tight

Main problems -

I cant get my bumper back on properly the pipe blocks the passanger side from sitting flush as its hitting the mesh and cuttings for where the fog light should be

and it seems to be white smoking a bit more at idle not driven it yet but it started and idled fine just seemed to be a bit more white smoke than usual - boost leak?? or do i just need to adjust my boost controller?

Any ideas peeps?

Gray

never white smoked before was always clear must be something to do with what ive just done fitting the front mount

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
If the was a leak the idle would prolly be v lumpy.

Could the white smoke be steam/condensation ?? That will clear once driven and warms up ??

Gray

it idled perfect it could of bin condensation it was pretty cold ill check again today.

Gray

checked again today smoke went away once it warmed up an all the conections look sound just gotta try an get the bumper on now then its done! pics to follow

Gray

right its all done!

i got some pics but they arent great quality ill put pics up later tonight in a seperate topic

gtirneil

Hows the car feel mate, notice any difference with the FMIC ?

P.S. can i have me tools back :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gray

lol you left a cross head and a socket and 10mm mate

car feels good, can notice a bit of lag an the dump valve sounds quieter but it goes better and looks te business gonna post pics now

gtirneil

Gray said:
lol you left a cross head and a socket and 10mm mate

car feels good, can notice a bit of lag an the dump valve sounds quieter but it goes better and looks te business gonna post pics now
You can fit mine for me now fella :wink: :lol: