frickin clutch again!!!

M

momogtir

man, only had new one for 9 months, worked fine this morning, but this afternoon pedal going straight to floor! fluid level in reservoir is fine??!!

S

skar

is it sticking to the floor and not coming up? that would probably be the clutch pedal box problem.

if you can pull the clutch back up with your hand get someone to check if the piston is moving the fork properly while u pump the clutch.

is there clutch fluid in the footwell?

kon

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Sounds like the clutch pedal box has come away from the baulkhead...

You can buy a strengthening braket from someone off the forum... Can't remember who though... Have a look through the Group Buy stickys...

Rishi

antgtir

Is this a common ish problem with the R then? The clutch pedal box coming away from the bulkhead? :?

M

momogtir

i think its probably master or slave cyl actually. the fork doesnt move when pedal pushed....

A

Anonymous

Sounds like the clutch pedal box has come away from the baulkhead... right it went on me :cry:

M

momogtir

theres no fluid leaking though, man i realllly hope its not the clutch itself again!!!!

B

Brett G

If its not moving the fork then its not the clutch itself, it'll probably be the master or slave cylinder. what colour is the fluid, if its very dark and discoloured then it could be an internal leak through the hydraulic seals in either cylinder. Have you checked that there is no fluid leakage from the slave cylinder? If you push the pedal down fast and hold it does the fork begin to slowly drift back? Just a few ideas as mine has gone before

Brett :wink:

M

momogtir

well its only been 3 days and im suffering the maddddd R withdrawals!!! i want my baby back!!! :twisted: :( :cry: