Folding Mirrors on Ignition off/on?

maz

Hey, im just wondering if any of you have ever set up your wing mirrors to fold back when the ignition is turned off, and then back out again when its turned on? as i live on a tight street and im constantly having to do it manualy, incase they get smacked off or hit. would it be a difficult thing to wire up? thanks for the input guys. :)

/maz

J

jpward

maz said:
Hey, im just wondering if any of you have ever set up your wing mirrors to fold back when the ignition is turned off, and then back out again when its turned on? as i live on a tight street and im constantly having to do it manualy, incase they get smacked off or hit. would it be a difficult thing to wire up? thanks for the input guys. :)

/maz
Use your finger you lazy git! :roll:

maz

i would but automation is so much better! an i always forget to do it, so im just waiting to go out one morning and see my mirror in pieces :(

J

jpward

My mates Merc does this looks cool and yes i know what you mean it would be handy rather than 50-100 quid for a mirror!

Sounds like a money spinner for a bright spark in the OC!! :lol:

Mr GTiR

LOL, i've had this on my alarm (Clifford) for 4 1/2 years now ;-)

When i get out the car and arm the alram the mirrow fold in and when i disarm they unfold.

The reason why i did mine is so i can see from a distance to see if the alarm is on or off.

It's just a simple case of using relays and a timer switch. The neat trick is that i can still use my switch as all the cars i've seen this done on can't use the siwtch as the realys bypass the factory switch :lol: