Fluid on clutch pedal

S

seven

Got fluid leaking down the clutch pedal so I assume this is the master cylinder. What do I need to get this sorted? I've read its a pain of a job so I wouldn't attempt to change this myself (unless theres a guide anywhere?) If not how much would I expect to pay to have it replaced? - I'm gessing £££?

Thanks

S

seven

Cheers - Its the doing it myself bit, I don't think I have the knowledge or the tools?

geoff pine

seven said:
Got fluid leaking down the clutch pedal so I assume this is the master cylinder. What do I need to get this sorted? I've read its a pain of a job so I wouldn't attempt to change this myself (unless theres a guide anywhere?) If not how much would I expect to pay to have it replaced? - I'm gessing £££?

Thanks
about £75 for the part 3 to 4hours labour +vat

gtir bean

a new piston kit costs only about £26 and it should take you about 2hr to do if your good with the tools.

S

seven

gtir bean said:
a new piston kit costs only about £26 and it should take you about 2hr to do if your good with the tools.
What if I'm not good with tools! how long then? Should I even attempt it?

gtir bean

its not that hard just awkward because there is very little room but there is a how to guide.the only thing i done different to the guide was take the master cylinder out from the top.you dont need to remove the driver side engine mount.its awkward but ok if you have some common sense if you know what i mean.i left mine untill you could barely use the clutch before fixing it and its fine now.

S

seven

gtir bean said:
So do I just need the piston kit? or as others have quoted - a new master cylinder (costing between £75 and £100)

S

seven

Thanks man you have been a big help, where did you get your piston kit from?