Fluid in #2 spark plug hole

vizi0n

Hi guys

My car began stuttering while accelerating a few days ago. I havent washed it for 2-3 weeks, it hasnt rained recently. How the f*ck can so much fluid get in there? I mean, it was fouling my spark plug wire as there was fluid over the top of the spark plug (with the wire removed).

Could that be oil? Why #2 and not the others? I had the same problem when I've bought the car back in 2006 after 2 weeks.

This is very strange, and my grommets are correctly sealing ... or so do I think... I guess I'll pop the valve cover and have a look

Also, the spark plug began rusting, so I think its not oil, because to my knowledge oil prevents rusting? The spark plugs are about 5 months old.

Who else had such an issue before? And why would it happen all of a sudden. Engine was rebuilt last spring, and it didnt do anything funny since then until this week. I've checked the plugs about 3 weeks ago and there was nothing.

Frank

PS: I've smelled it and could not really figure out if it was oil as it smelled like crap

olliecast

I had the same issue mate.

Ended up changing my ht leads then put a full length plug cover on along with some vaseline around the ht lead seals.

Alls been well since!

Ollie

vizi0n

Thanks for your input Ollie. I guess a full length cover might be a good idea, i'll give it a shot.

But I still don't understand what fluid is this.

Frank

darkyGTI-R

I had the same problem my plugs were black!Changed the leads for worxspec rally leads sorted also dizzy and rota arm!

vizi0n

haahaha i wont taste that, but it sure smells bad.

the problem with the water theory is that it hasnt been raining for a few days/weeks now, and i havent washed the car for a while so the problem should've appeared sooner.

well the car runs fine now so no worries, but i'll definately get a full size cover

my leads have been changed the first time this happened in 2006 for brand new ngk's so I doubt they're already messed up. Seems to seal well so far... very strange

vizi0n

I know... my coolant was leaking last week between the thermostat housing and the metal pipes behind. At least it was just 3 bolts... or so have I thought ... lol

Ended up taking 2h instead of 15 minutes.....