floor mounted pedal box

warpspeed

yep, just about to fit one.
get one with the cylinders behind the pedals if you can, it'll be easier to fit, i'm having to cut out part of the floor to fit mine

williams

is it not just easier to get one that fits in the engine bay on the end of the original brake pedal?

warpspeed

yeah that would probably be the best option for a road car but i want as much space in the engine bay as possible so that's why i chose a full box for mounting inside the car, and i went for cylinders in front of the box, i also knew i would have to cut out some of the floor to fit it but that's how i wanted it.

warpspeed

I am just doing my trial fit just now to get the positions right but yeah the seat is going back a bit, i am using an alloy extension on the steering column to move the steering wheel back, the column is now about 25mm lower and the back of the dashboard is now about 40mm lower so i can still see the instruments!
It's an OBP track-pro pedal box that i'm using

warpspeed

Yeah Martyn fair enough, although my car is gonna be used on the road it's no exactly a road car!
another thing is i'm not sure the original abs could still be used, not a problem for me as mine is going in the bin!

red reading

You'll have trouble insureing the car if you confess to doing this too, which i know does'nt matter to some but will others.

warpspeed

already spoke to my insurer, it's not a problem provided i send them an independant engineers report on the car, already got an engineer arranged.

williams

Not using a dash board in mine so won't need to lower that. Have you had to make a new part of the floor to mount the pedal box level?

Trip

I had looked into this myself and decided that a pedal box was not good for me as it will put the pedals further backwards. That would mean putting the seat, steering wheel and gear lever backwards. I race with my knees almost straight and steering wheel just around 40cm away from my chest (using spacers and deep dish wheel). The gear lever is in original position and i can just reach putting it in 1st gear on tight corners (bare in mind that my back would be stuck to the seat with a 6point seatbelt) .

I will never compromise my driving position so i ditched the idea and went for a dual master cylinder in the engine bay attached the the existing brake pedal.