Flat Spot

PulsarLee

Hi guys,

got a big flat spot on my R. Had this since i rebuilt the engine after replacing a piston due to a broken ringland. The flat is detween 2 - 3k revs, turbo sounds ok, no missfire or owt just this annoying flatness. I know its showing code 34 so will be replacing the det soon, but would this cause the big flat spot? would appreciate some thoughts on the typical causes of flat spots. What would be the typical symptoms of the dizzy cap or rotor arm being worn? The plugs look a good colour (maybe a little too lean if anything). Just looking for some ideas so I can follow a process of elimination.

Cheers,

Lee

AnthP

Hi guys,

got a big flat spot on my R. Had this since i rebuilt the engine after replacing a piston due to a broken ringland. The flat is detween 2 - 3k revs, turbo sounds ok, no missfire or owt just this annoying flatness. I know its showing code 34 so will be replacing the det soon, but would this cause the big flat spot? would appreciate some thoughts on the typical causes of flat spots. What would be the typical symptoms of the dizzy cap or rotor arm being worn? The plugs look a good colour (maybe a little too lean if anything). Just looking for some ideas so I can follow a process of elimination.

Cheers,

Lee
Hi buddy, speaking as the least technically gifted member on the site, defo try the dizzy cap. Until yesterday, I had the same problem on my Pulsar, tried new plugs, new petrol, new battery, new knock sensor, actuator pipe but still there. Saw your thread so swapped the dizzy cap over from my Sunny and bob's your uncle - Pulsar running great, Sunny running like a bag of shite ! - mightn't be your problem but Definitely mine !......

Cheers

Anth

PulsarLee

Hi Anth,

Thanks for your comments, think ill get a new cap and rotor arm (starting with the most simple and cheapest things first) was yours showing code 34 and did changing the cap stop this?

Cheers,

Lee