Flamer kits...

A

Anonymous

A few questions on these kits:-

1, how much do they cost?

2, Where to buy from?

3, how to fit?

I understand the idea behind how they work, Am i right in thinking they burn all the unspent fuel (normal on every car?) that exits your exhaust. There is a spark plug fitted somewhere at the rear of your tailpipe, that ignites this unspent fuel, correct? Wouldnt fancy drilling the exhaust...

rgd's
Si

J

jasegould

1. 30 - 80 - you can make your own or buy em ready made
2. Dunno, do a search and youll find the info
3. Drill hole in tail pipe and weld a threaded washer for the plug, find somewhere to fit the coil, earth it and connect to a supply

I understand the idea behind how they work, Am i right in thinking they burn all the unspent fuel (normal on every car?) that exits your exhaust. There is a spark plug fitted somewhere at the rear of your tailpipe, that ignites this unspent fuel, correct? Wouldnt fancy drilling the exhaust...
You are correct, but turbos generally have more unburnt fuel so they work better :wink: You only have to drill the tailpipe so isnt that bad

A

Anonymous

Ive had a couple in the past and Ive always had SCC Performance kits which has everything you need and had very good results on some turbocharged cars Ive had and the kit comes to £99 for the kit and £149 if you wanted it fitted. That solution is if you mechanical skilss dont strectch as far as that then ahome made kit can be madre up and tried and tested and for some which I have seen on a lot of turbo'd and natrually apirated cars have made very good results

Give Rob @ SCC perfomance a call on: 01727 867747 and have a chat!

I hope this helps

Thanks Tom

A

Anonymous

Thnx Tom and Jase,

any info on how to build my own kit would be great.

cheer's
Si

A

Anonymous

I had a flamer kit from scc on my old RS turbo, very happy with it and had lots of fun :D :wink:

A

Anonymous

I had a flamer kit from scc on my old RS turbo, very happy with it and had lots of fun
Yer so did I lol! Very good fun for those TVRs and such like that like to have a run in with the beast

Rav

i got a flamer kit on my R but it hardly ever spits flames. i have noticed it only flames in sum gears at 4000 rpm, can sum 1 plz help me sort it out i want ti to flame from the moment i turn the flamer kit on

J

J-GTi-R

Mess around with the plug gap a bit. Kyepan's didn't work at all when we first put it in, but we widened the gap up and he started getting much better results.

Rav

the fuse has been welded into my goose wot else can i try to make it work better. when i turn the kit on i can see the spark in the zorst

J

J-GTi-R

Do you run a recirculating DV or any kind of fuel computer? Either of those will lessen the results.

Welding the plug in is a bit mad, what heppens when it needs replacing?

A

Anonymous

Thnx to everyone who replied.
Would having a quiet exhaust lessen the effect?I got goose downpipe and de-cat, then a Kakimoto(jasma app'd) thru to exit. 4inch tailpipe(i think)
J you have pm.

Cheer's
Si

Rav

i have the original :roll: (as far as i know) wastegate. the flame kit was on there when i bought the car :) . its on a goose zorst. when i turn the car off the buzzing from the fuse is very loud is that the norm :oops: ? just opened the fuse up a little will take it out for a run later 2nite 2 see if it makes a difference. :lol: :lol:

J

J-GTi-R

Would having a quiet exhaust lessen the effect?I got goose downpipe and de-cat, then a Kakimoto(jasma app'd) thru to exit. 4inch tailpipe(i think)
Not really, as the car is de-catted. The best set-up is a nice free-flowing exhaust with no cat, an atmospheric dump valve and a standard ECU. My car would flame a good-un if I fitted one, as I know it runs very rich.

when i turn the car off the buzzing from the fuse is very loud is that the norm ?
They do buzz quite a bit, but you shouldn't be able to hear it from inside the car. You are hearing the arcing across the plug, which is pretty loud from the outside.

Rav

took it out last nite after warming her up she spat flames like a beaut. really did make a difference. as soon as i step out of the car u can hear the fuse buzzing. i have noticed this as on many occasion i have forgotten to switch the flamer kit off and only realise its still on wen i step out and hear the buzzing. sum nice 5ft flames. i only fill up with optimax if i was to add a octane booster to this will i spit bigger flames

O

Odin

When will you people realize how stupid you look and that other people
don't look at you thinking your cool there laughing at you and thinking your a maxpower n0b :roll: :cry:.

STOP WHAT YOUR DOING YOUR MAKEING US ALL LOOK AS SAD AS YOU.

Rant over

rob

J

J-GTi-R

When I wire them in I always connect them to an ignition live, so you can't accidentally leave it on.

Nice to know it's working better though, especially if you're getting 5 ft flames... 8)

O

Odin

J-GTi-R said:
When I wire them in I always connect them to an ignition live, so you can't accidentally leave it on.

Nice to know it's working better though, especially if you're getting 5 ft flames... 8)
And your even more sad than them because your makeing this 5hit :evil: . :roll: .

It's a fine legacy to leave us with when you bugger off back to your
ford( 5hitter) roots isn't it :cry: .

rob