Fitting Strut Braces - how difficult????

boucherie

I've got my strut braces (front and rear) from Tweeks today, so how easy are they to fit, i know that there are only 2 or 3 nuts and bolts to undo, but is it safe to just remove these bolts from the suspension, put the brace on and replace them or will i need to secure the struts a bit more, as i dont really want anything to go wrong which can easily be avoided!!

MarkTurbo

Its an easy job mate :D

As long as the car is sat on its wheels the struts aint gonna go anywhere :wink: :lol:

G

GTiRich

Piece of piss to do matey. The hardest bit is getting those nuts off.

boucherie

cheers guys,

how difficult is the access to the rear struts, how much of the interior will i have to remove, if any??

MarkTurbo

Just fold the back seats down :wink: The nuts on the rear struts are quite close to a couple of brackets and would probably be quicker to undo with a ratchet spanner.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The nuts should be easy to undo, they're only 18-22lbsft torque :wink:
Front couldn't be easier, 3 nuts each side to undo then redo :D
Back is nearly as easy, but you'll need to pull the carpet out of the way to get to the nuts and the back nut can be fiddly to reach (but still relatively easy) and you might need to cut the carpet slightly to let it go back up aroound the strut brace.
All done with the car on the ground.
Depending on the type of strut brace, don't tighten the centre bit too much as it will change your camber.

Which braces did you get?

G

GTiRich

I got a cusco front which was piss easy to fit and a cusco rear which i'm still waiting to fit lol

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
boucherie said:
ive got an OMP adjustable front and whiteline rear strut, is this a common choice??
I have the whiteline rear and no front as the whiteline one doesn't clear the EDFC so I removed it.

O

Odin

Fast Guy said:
I have the whiteline rear and no front as the whiteline one doesn't clear the EDFC so I removed it.
Still waiting for that swopsy :wink:

rob