fitting laguna splitter

allsmiles

hey peeps, what way is best to fit a laguna splitter to the gtir?

also do i need to heat the splitter up so i can bend it into shape to match the bumper?

thanks

KF79GTIR

davey red.r said:
i put a good coating of plastic adhesive on, and used a big staple gun its on for life.

davey;-)

So if someone decides to pinch your splitter you also loose your bumper.

Kev.

warringtonjack

KF79GTIR said:
So if someone decides to pinch your splitter you also loose your bumper.

Kev.
:shock: :shock: Sort of like a buy one get one free??? :lol:

The bumper is well and truly bolted on, there aint no way that'll come off by tugging some flexi bit of plastic on the bottom. Anyway, splitters are less than a tenner from the scrappy, so would anyone want to pinch one?? :doh:

davey red.r

warringtonjack said:
:shock: :shock: Sort of like a buy one get one free??? :lol:

The bumper is well and truly bolted on, there aint no way that'll come off by tugging some flexi bit of plastic on the bottom. Anyway, splitters are less than a tenner from the scrappy, so would anyone want to pinch one?? :doh:
agreed mr warrington, id rather go up the park, and pinch daffodils for my lass, than fcuk on trying to get my hand under a few inch gap, for a piece of plastic:oops: ,see theres me using my sense, and fitting it securely, for speed ramps, i might add, never did theifs come into my thinking,and someone has negative comments,sassor bayor,bad eggs, all of them:lol:
oh fcuk.never thought, someone uses a scaffy bar on my ignition, i lose my whole car:doh: :lol:

Last edited:

allsmiles

i got my splitter from a renault scrappies for £35 :shock:

the chap refused to sell me the splitter alone and insisted i buy the whole bumper, so i did and gave him the bumper back lol

anyways any tips on making the splitter look really clean and shiny? was thinkin auto glym green snot or back 2 black but that stuff never lasts, was thinking of shoes polish but if anyones got a better recommendation i will try that instead :thumbsup:

John

allsmiles said:
i got my splitter from a renault scrappies for £35 :shock:

the chap refused to sell me the splitter alone and insisted i buy the whole bumper, so i did and gave him the bumper back lol

anyways any tips on making the splitter look really clean and shiny? was thinkin auto glym green snot or back 2 black but that stuff never lasts, was thinking of shoes polish but if anyones got a better recommendation i will try that instead :thumbsup:
Shoe polish may work, but I dont see it lasting very long, plastic will just absorb it.

I used shoe polish on one of my previous cars dashboard to make the dash look like new as nothing else was working and I needed to sell the darn thing!

allsmiles

John said:
Shoe polish may work, but I dont see it lasting very long, plastic will just absorb it.

I used shoe polish on one of my previous cars dashboard to make the dash look like new as nothing else was working and I needed to sell the darn thing!
lmao shoes polish on the dash! :thumbsup:

allsmiles

John said:
I know, pure pikey style. Worked tho which is the main thing:thumbsup:
a mate traded in a playstation fifa 98 game which was faulty, he used shoes polish to try hide the swirl marks and when he tried to trade it in he got refused, anyways i ended up cleaning the disc with kfc wipes and the game for some reason worked 100% and where it usually crashed it didnt anymore, true story :-D

davey red.r

i just use back to black, like you say, only lasts for about a week,
get it sprayed black and lacqured but will flake eventually,

davey