Fitting Brakes

faz

Recently bought a set of Hispec billet 4pots (285mm), anyone else fitted these?

I had a go at fitting them but i'll need longer wheels studs by the looks of things.

The discs sat too far out from the hub once in the calliper. So if I put a spacer behind the disc so it was level with the calliper but the wheel wont be on enough to drive, not enough thread.

any suggestions?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Surely the disc should be sitting on the hub? Is the cailper mounting bracket fitted correctly?

P

papdog

There are two different offset discs that Hi-spec do. I made the same mistake last time and had to swap the discs for the other set as mine sat too far towards the hub. Sounds like these are the ones you need.

Graham

faz

Ive put the standard brakes back on so I could drive home but i'll change them over one night during the week, doesnt take that long.

Im pretty sure the mounting bracket can only go 1 way. If I put it on the other way then it would need to be secured on without the disc being in place and that cant happen.

I tried putting washers behind the disc (as a spacer) so it sat properly in the calliper but when I put my wheel back on there wasnt a lot of thread left to secure the wheel on.