Fitting a bleed valve

Escy

Yeah, basically!

The car owes me £1250 quid. I bought it to break but it's too good for that. It's taxed and tested, drives well. Don't get me wrong, if it was a stunner and i'd paid 4k for, i'd do it all properly. In this case i'm just going to turn up the boost and see what happens. It'll be fine, it's got the right mods to support a bar and it's a pretty tried and tested set-up. Looking at the modifications on it, i'd be shocked if it hadn't been running that in the past anyway.

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Just check the ign base timing before you do it, saves melting a perfectly good engine for no reason.

Escy

If I discard the bleed valve, i've heard about a "1 bar loop" but can't find anything specific on it. I also found a post before about drilling a hole in the standard solenoid. What's the best out of those 2 methods and does anyone have links to the pages or know what section of the forum to search.

Escy

How can you check the actuator? I've just pulled mine off the car, it's adjustable, I didn't think it would be as it looks standard. Are they all like that?