Fitting a 180SX/Silvia SR20DET Cover on a GTI-R?

vizi0n

Has anyone ever done this?

How hard would it be? Because I love the design on top of those SR20DET's and the one on the GTI-R is very boring :)

That cover

Frank

maz

i was just about to try and jazz mine up a bit, but will be interesting to see if this can be done

Gray

Dont think you could use that one
It has all the wrong places for oil feeds/breathers

You could probably use a Almera GTi one which is similar to the above but unpainted and no middle cover

vizi0n

Gray said:
Dont think you could use that one
It has all the wrong places for oil feeds/breathers

You could probably use a Almera GTi one which is similar to the above but unpainted and no middle cover
Isnt it possible to just re-route the original oil feed and breathers to go with this cover's specs?

O

Odin

There's also no where to mount the GTIR throttle cable on that cover, So you would need to rig something up fella.

Rob

Gray

The Almera GTI rocker cover would be your best bet its exactly the same just needs spraying and need that middle bit slotting in.

Gray

I think ive seen someone do it on here not sure though

Its the same cover its just not painted and has the raised lettering the same as on the 200sx cover
do some research and have a look

vizi0n

nice ! i like the black one (primera gt), can you get me one of those? :) or is the rocker cover of a sr20de the same as our sr20det's? because we have sr20de's here

what kind of engine are those? primera and almera

Last edited:

vizi0n

But ... you didn't answer me on my other question, if I take one from a S series car, if I hookup the hoses at the "new" place, wouldnt it fit? I mean, there's an T connector and the other "screw-type" hose as well, just at a different location