finally my cars finished

paz

Does look nice fella ;)

I've actually got a question for you about anti-lag if thats ok? Whilst on my old home (the saxo sports club :oops: :oops: ) trying to sell some old bits and bobs I had lying about, I noticed a conversation about antilag, which I thought was pretty unusual on the SSC!

Just wanted to clear a few things up OOI after reading their conversation:

1. I know antilag shortens the life of the turbo, but what does it do to the rest of a road engine, is it something your looking at uprated pistons etc for or does the turbo take the main brunt of it?

2. Is it possible to legally pass a UK mot running antilag or does it increase your emissions so you would techincally fail?

3. Any general info you have on how antilag works (link etc) would be nice! :lol:

Cheers bud

paz

A

antilag

hmmmmmm were do i start lol

well basically its mostly switch operated and to cut a long story short its lika another map setting and wen activated it retards the ignition and adds fuel this happens wen your off throttle but a valve holds the throttle open a little so lets say it wud run at 3000rpm on tick over but ud b seeing anywhere between 0psi and 1bar+ depending on agressivness so it causes explosions in the manifold which then force the turbo to spin then wen u excelarate again the turbo is already spooling so reduces lag no use on a road car really its just for rally cars as there permantly on and off the throttle

also u can set the retard for aggressiveness less agressive is gonna b easy on the manifold and turbo wheel and shaft but used correctlt it wud take a long time to destroy a good working turbo

o and the antilag system on the autronics is supposed to b alot easyer on the turbo parts ect but i wudent b worried about any system destroying a turbo to be honest

paz

Cheers for the info buddy, got the film already, very nice 8)

So you run it for rallying do you fella?

paz

A

antilag

i dnt i will leave the girls stuff for nad :wink:

my cars just for quarter mile and now ove spent about 3k on suspension i spose it cud b used on the track if u wanted to look like a twat driving a front wheel drive pulsar lol :wink: