Fast guys latest coolant leak thread. D'oh!!

ChrisS

Fast Guy said:
You're kidding:shock: It took me about 2 hours to do the job. Most of that was trying to get the old hoses off. Although putting the new clips back on was also a pain in the ****, mainly the top one on the hoses nearest the block. I found I had quite abit more room when I disconnected the steering arm from the hub.

ALSO, I saw my starter motor for the first time ever.:thumbsup: :lol:
Nope. Took about 7hrs in total and my arm looked like it had been shreaded. I got to it from under the car, exhaust unbolted at the front and pushed as far as it would go to one side. Once my arm was through and up around the pipe i could then pass pliers ect up. It was getting the old clip off the took forever.

Chiffs

Ive had one of the heater matrix hoses go and just managed to get to it without removing anything

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
ChrisS said:
exhaust unbolted at the front and pushed as far as it would go to one side. Once my arm was through and up around the pipe i could then pass pliers ect up. It was getting the old clip off the took forever.
God bless skinny arms. I could get enough of my arm between the down pipe and subframe (or whatever it was) to pass the pliers through without disconnecting.

frp said:
Ive located the FU**ING thing to just above the oil filter, although i cant see exactly where :roll:
And guess who is working late all week :cry:
Sounds like it could be the same as mine. If it is, as well as the hoses get an oil filter, as taking that off gives you quite abit more room.

frp

Fingers crossed eh dave.
Only took about 10-15 minutes to get the pipe of !! :lol: think dave is gonna test the pipe today just to check its the bad one.
its the little 90deg to the left of the oil filter.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You mean the front one on the oil cooler? (well, front as in the first one you get to)
Mine was the other one. It had a small nick in the bottom of it.

frp

well the 90deg pipe is replaced but i still have a f***ing leak :evil:

:doh: i hate bloody cars :rant:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
This time it's the bottom hose to the heater in the car. It's leaking at the engine end.
Typical, I have all the hoses bar those 2.:doh:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Hopefully the fuel leak is sorted. I just tightened up the clip on the hose as it seemed to be weeping out of the hose to pipe join rather than from a hole.

I also changed the turbo outlet rubber hose and one of the stabiliser mounts today.

If my heater hoses ever appear, I'll do the other mount at the same time.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
2 weeks down the line and the hoses still haven't come. So just for now I've taken the heater outlet hose off and looped the inlet one round on to the engine connnection for the outlet, thus removing the leaky hose and heaters' heating ability all at the same time.

(must be another 1kg saved through the smaller coooling system:lol: )

Oh yeah and I fitted the rear stabiliser bar. That was a ball ache as it seemed to be slightly longer than the factory one from centre to centre, so took alot of jiggery pokery to wiggle it in the hole:shock:

mad max

wish i could find my water leak anybody going to the rolling road day on the 20.8.06 want to have a look cause its pissing me off

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Where's it dripping from ie onto the exhaust, from the gear box?
My oil cooler pipe was dripping onto the exhaust.
My heater outlet hose was dripping from the rear left of the gearbox.