Fan belt non air con

P

pulsarmick

Hi all happy christmas and happy new i have a small problem what belt do i use for my gtir i have taken off the air con

jameswrx2

Go to halfords and look in their little booklet that'll be next to the aux belts. They actually listed one for the UK sunny GTi-R in my local Halfords which was minus air-con. They are narrower than the import ones, but I guess they don't need to be wider ribbed as there's less going on for them minus air-con.

nitrosgti-r

iv got loads of these belts cos i keep ordering the wrong one lol. You wanna take the old one with you to a motor factors and get them to match one up. I found that the PK6 belt (6 ribs wide) and 835mm long (inside circumference) fitted nicely. kepp the recipt though obviously ;)

andytb

air con belts

found this on an old thread ...

I have used a Halfords 845e, but it's just a little to long and squeals in the damp. 825e belt is better, You can get other belts, the 825 bit is the length
and is what you need to look out for. Nissan use a 4rib non aircon belt, but if you can get a 6rib one then feel free to use it.

Trip

andytb said:
found this on an old thread ...

I have used a Halfords 845e, but it's just a little to long and squeals in the damp. 825e belt is better, You can get other belts, the 825 bit is the length
and is what you need to look out for. Nissan use a 4rib non aircon belt, but if you can get a 6rib one then feel free to use it.
I agree.. I used a 4PK850 from an MX5 non a/c model and it does slip a little. An 835mm should be good