F.A.O evo 3 brake users

gtir bean

it would seem that clio 172 front dusks are the correct stud pattern to fit the r.they are 280mm instead of 276 so they may need 2mm taken off the radius or just a bit out the carrier and a small washer between the carriers and the hub to space them out.they only cost about £80 from motor factors too.this is how they fit on colts(they can use them with evo disks by just redrilling them so it should be exactly the same for us.i think i will just get clio disks for mine to save drilling them.the centre bore may be slightly different but im not too sure.

D

danmo

Wow that would be a really useful thing if it works. Let us know. Cheers.

O

Odin

I can't see the point of fu*king about like this when you can buy a new made for the job willwood kit for less than £550 :roll: :? , by the time you've buggered about with this lot of shite you've probably spent nearly as much as a willwood kit anyway.

Also at least you can buy new disc's straight off the shelf, I don't think I could be arsed to take my new disc's to the machine shop every year just so they fit my hubs :roll: .

I give up with some of you lot :doh:

Rob

paz

monk2 said:
Centre bore is listed as 60mm for Renault discs.
Thats right, and ours is 59 mil. Not sure on what impact this would have (I was looking at some wheels the other day that had been on a clio) so in the end didn't bother.

Paz

cmng

Rob
for UK, i understand not worth it
but if you compared at my country Malaysia
550 pound is about RM 3000
and a EVO 3 rotor and Disc just mere RM350 after drilled to PCD 100 x 4
guess lo

sometime it not the $$ issue vs worth or not
but for some people, every $$ count

O

Odin

cmng said:
Rob
for UK, i understand not worth it
but if you compared at my country Malaysia
550 pound is about RM 3000
and a EVO 3 rotor and Disc just mere RM350 after drilled to PCD 100 x 4
guess lo

sometime it not the $$ issue vs worth or not
but for some people, every $$ count

I understand mate :-D for you it makes total sense but for gtir bean I can't see the point, He must be really really tight thats all I can say :roll: , maybe he's from yorkshire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

paz

Thunder God said:
I understand mate :-D for you it makes total sense but for gtir bean I can't see the point, He must be really really tight thats all I can say :roll: , maybe he's from yorkshire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob
Or Scotland (born OR resettled ;)) - you know what those jocks are like :roll: :lol: :lol:

paz

gtir bean

or maybe im just not wanting to spend a fortune as i have other things to pay for?well i would rather spend about £150 all in for a set of brakes than £550.i posted it as i know some people are going to be using evo brakes soon and its a cheap set of disks if you have access to a machine shop.

O

Odin

gtir bean said:
or maybe im just not wanting to spend a fortune as i have other things to pay for?well i would rather spend about £150 all in for a set of brakes than £550.i posted it as i know some people are going to be using evo brakes soon and its a cheap set of disks if you have access to a machine shop.

Like I said a tight fecker :roll: Yorkshire through and through :roll: .

I don't feel that a miss match of parts that have been made to fit together, Is the best way forward for something as important as brakes on a 200-400bhp motor :? .

Rob

cmng

Err i used the Evo brake before
much much better than our crappy GTiR OEM brakes

but if you used 4 pot before, you will never look back anymore