Exhaust Removal :-)

pulsarmoley

Just take it to a garage. safer and easier than trying it on the drive.

I got the standard section off just, but the mongoose was a no go as it's quite abit longer over the rear subframe compared to the standard one, and I didn't have the height needed to do the job.. Dropping the rear subframe makes it easier (allegedly) but it'll still be longer than going to a garage.

Pulsarmoley - Jasma is just the Japanese noise certification as far as I know.
Oh ok, wasnt sure, all it says on the plate on the backbox is Jasma SR. All i know is its better than the standard one :-D

geoff pine

Well at 25 and a half inches of the floor alround not a cat in hells chance so as carl said not with a mongoose .So off to b and q for another peice of 9x2 they only come in 4.8 m lengths some jobsworth would not let me take it through the bulk exit as i dont have one of there trade cards :frusty: .Stange as i have used this exit for the 8 years i have lived on the wirral, so i have given up the cars back on the floor just need to fill up with antifreeze and im of to pipe werxs . :lol: :lol:

can you not just drop the rear subframe down? thats how i got mine off.
Thats exactly what i did tonight, so easy to get it off when doing that.

jacked it up, lowered onto axel stands. Put jack under diff with a cushion of wood, removed the 4 nuts, lowered jack a few inches and out popped the zorst:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKs4flIBGnc

Vids in the dark but kinda get the point!!

Cheers for all the help and advice on this guys!

Now got the scorpion on courtesy of Pulsarboby, sounds so much better :)

Gaz

P

pulsarboby

told you it sounded nice gaz lol, far better than the goosey gander system!

geoff.....dont jack the whole car up just jack one side so cars at a 45 degree angle, if you jack it at both sides you will need to go even higher lol

Finally took the car out for a run tonight!! Nothing prepared me for how quiet the scorpion is!! my god can hear the tubby spin up now...... Put your foot down and it has a nice grumble to it!

Its exactly what I wanted, just need to sort the passenger window wind noise :-(