Exhaust noise

STEVEN878

101db is the exhaust limit and 112db for a dump valve (i think) but if they test it in a garge it will echo and sound 100 times louder. just find a tuning company and get them to mot it. or take the car to vosa show them what you failed on and see what they think if they say its ok the tester will get his nut pouch chewed off.

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I rekon mine is louder than my mates tvr with decat and sports system. Pretty sure his measured about103db.

I've had TVRs go past me the other way and a Ferrari ahead of me and I could hear both their exhausts over mine (just).

hkspulsar

I thought the police could only do you for noise pollution if they got something like 4 complaints in a certain time period.
As for MOT's, I need to get mine done shortly so could be interesting as I know my car is 99db's inside the car driving it sensibly, so god knows how loud it is outside.
I might try claiming its a safety feature, "its making people aware of my presence officer, I promise, thats the only reason I had it fitted".
Not sure if I will get away with that though

catchmeifyoucan01

yeah the exhaust system loudness was introduced a few months ago! and they can fail a car out right. im a MOT tester and its mostly down to the mot testers discresion if they consider it to be to loud.

JasonR

Well i found out the garage i took my car to dont do the mots them selves they take it to wiltshire devizes council mot test center so i guess there gonna be a lot more strict than your avarage garage would be might have to try a few other garages to see if they will pass it.

1ad1

Take it to autotech in melksham mate, they are very good tell him adam from A.E .dent removal sent you.