exedy clutch

gtir bean

does anyone know if you can use an exedy cover with a standard disk?also has anyone ever sent an exedy disk back to get refurbished?if so how much did it cost?

I

Innovate Performance

Yes you can use the cover with a standard disc, you be better of getting a new disc than a refurb.
We have never sent a disk back we just get new ones so cant help you on that part.

O

Olly

While the box is out fit a Helix not a excedy and don't look backwards only forwards. 8)

gtir bean

i was thinking use a standard disk with the exedy cover and flywheel?the standard clutch seemed to cope fine that i had but i think the cover gave up so a standard one should be fine with a higher pressure cover would it not?its 225+vat for a new disk from exedy but for that price i would be as well getting a helix.

ex-gtir

dont skimp buy a cover as well youll regret it if you dont to much work to do it you dont want to do it again

kyepan

there were some repeated *cough* failures of exedy products a while back, if you want to read about them, all the posts are searchable. or pm edd.

These guys are recommending helix because they seem to be the most relyable organic clutches available for the R at present.

good luck with your choice.

8)

gtir bean

thats where i am coming from,the flywheel and cover are like new.only done about 1500 miles so i cant see why they wont be decent enough with a new standard disk.i dont plan on any hard launching anyway.it should just be like an hks coveron a standard clutch?

S

Stoned

Not had any troubles with the Exedy clutch fitted onto mine by Abbey Motorsport. at 8000 miles now

I

Innovate Performance

We use exedy clutches and have not had any problems

E

Edd

You'll only have problems if they import in a load of clutches from Daikin and mis match the part number :roll: :evil: :x

then repeatedly lie to you and tell you that you misaligned the clutch :roll:

O

Olly

Innovate Performance said:
We use exedy clutches and have not had any problems
i know for fact that they shear way before the Helix clutches do. Come to think of it haven't seen a Helix ever fail but a excedy thats another story. :lol: Tell it like it is.