Exceedingly bad alignment after fitting coilovers

Braveheart

thats the problem, he won`t give me any more money back (refunded me the 70 quid for one shock). He`s saying i could have stripped them and caused them to leak / not work.

Why would i even attempt to strip a pressurized damper unit!! As i`ve said to him you can clearly see that they haven`t been to bits as they`re seized together.
They clearly were not sold as described.
Excuse the pun but that's shocking!
Ollie, admire your discretion but I think we all have a right to know who sold you these for our own protection.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
how on earth can he can say it was you thats damaged them :der:

I think as they are unusable as a set of shocks and obviously very old (irespective of the fact that there is no JIC resellers or repairers in the UK) you should definately demand your money back and return the items.

noriek2003

stevepudney said:
how on earth can he can say it was you thats damaged them :der:
not saying this is the case here as they were obviously a pos when they were sold but when i used to sell stuff, standard parts and what not, i had numerous people trying to claim money back and return their broken parts instead of the thing i'd sold them.

i always used to mark stuff somewhere discreet before sending it out so it was easy to catch the buggers out. ;-)

pulsar craig

its pretty easy to see who sold him them just look on the other forum, they were advertised in the for sale section but not for me to say who

olliecast

All sorted now.

Proposed amount of money to be returned by seller.
Thanks for the input everyone.

Ollie

Last edited:

olliecast

Good news Ollie.... glad you got it sorted.... :)

cheers matey, still lost money in the end, but fitted some tein superstreets today..... what a difference!! just need to get it aligned tomorrow morning. need to find the correct settings now

pulsar craig

here u go m8, taken off the modifiers

For a 1991 - 1993 Sunny / Pulsar GTI-R N14

Where d = degrees

Front
----- Min Max
Left Toe 0 d 03' 0 d 09'
Right Toe 0 d 03' 0 d 09'
Total Toe 0 d 06' 0 d 18'
Set Back ******* ******

Left Camber -0 d 39' 0 d 50'
Right Camber -0 d 39' 0 d 50'
Camber Diff. ******* 0 d 30'

Left Caster 0 d 30' 2 d 00'
Right Caster 0 d 30' 2 d 00'
Caster Diff. ******* 0 d 30'

Rear
----
Min Max
Left Toe -0 d 03' 0 d 08'
Right Toe -0 d 03' 0 d 08'
Total Toe -0 d 06' 0 d 16'
Thrust Line ******* *******

Left Camber -0 d 55' 0 d 34'
Right Camber -0 d 55' 0 d 34'

olliecast

just had it done now. Toe was over a minute and a half out!

Nearside was running over a degree of negative!!

the adjustable top mounts made the camber adjustment easy. But it took the toe miles out. Mabe something to bear in mind when manually altering camber?

got to say though now, with the teins on, the ride height right, the dampening set half way and the alignment done, it handles so much better than before.